Welcome. Don't get too hung up on the power yet. There's enough to start with for sure and later there are a many roads to take if you really want MORE. I would strongly suggest you chat with @Joesmoe - a moderator who has a fairly seriously modified "T".

Personally I would invest in getting the suspension uprated before adding GRUNT.

welcome from tucson arizona
hello neighbor u r in the right place to ride.
take it easy till u get used to it. they r a beast.
this is a great site friendly with a lot of knowledge.

Just Rolled in on my first Triumph and its a 2008 Rocket 3 Touring. Good gawd what a beast.
Took about 4 decades off from my 2wheel addiction but what a fun return from the 80's..
I took in an orphaned Honda Valkyrie and nursed her back to beast mode. But that wasn"t quite enough so I grabbed a Victory Hammer for a change up and well... that lead me to the Rocket. Bigger is BETTER.
So now I need some help identifying the exhaust on it. Stamped as Triumph part # A9600211/A9600212.
Anybody have info as to exactly what type it is? TORS or oem from the factory. The bike was originally sold in California( if that even matters. VIN last 6 digits are 338168. Ant help is much appreciated.

Welcome from utah.
If it's insane torque and power you want you found the right bike. I've had my turn on many fast cruises but none put me in fight or flight mode quite like the R3.

Kid

What is your source of reference for identifying parts like this?
I use to use Pandora, in Chattanooga Tn, but lately their site has been difficult. I use what most seem to use. Hermys. The source I used this time is the actual numbers off my stock system, a 2010 touring. The TORS, Triumph Off Road Silencers, were purchased from the dealer when it was new

Back