Bringing the bike to USA then Canada

Maybe this will help?
Looks like even if I get the bike across the pond it is not as straight forward to get it to Canada as I thought.
The only hope in Canadian dealer to order one , one of 1000.

Looks like even if I get the bike across the pond it is not as straight forward to get it to Canada as I thought.
The only hope in Canadian dealer to order one , one of 1000.
It is actually straightforward and is done all the time. It looks harder than it is. Just do your homework and have all the documentation ready before you get to the border.

It is actually straightforward and is done all the time. It looks harder than it is. Just do your homework and have all the documentation ready before you get to the border.
The idea was to ship the bike with other possessions in a container to Canada with a sale documents to US citizen. Keep the bike in Canada and not move it across the border back and forth but it looks like the bike must be physically in the US

The only thing I had to do to my Rocket was to make sure lights come on atomaticly when you turn on the bike , and had to bring it to Canadian Tire so they could pass it, then I was able to register it here.

Let's drop the subject of importing from the UK. It has been checked and confirmed it is NOT possible.
Can anybody advise in regards to buying a bike from US and selling UK bike to US buyer?
Thanks
Even if you get a buyer from US ( likelihood of this is pretty slim as its illegal) and then try to buy it back when in Canada, you require to pay duty and Tax on it when importing it back to Canada! Unless you are a Canadian resident and moving to US or vice versa you do not require to pay the duty or taxes. The law is pretty strict in Canada you don't want to start your immigration on wrong foot. As mentioned before contact the Canadian Embassy and get the correct/updated information, don't go by what some told some elss about a trick it is illegal !!.
Also they will check your VIN# when registering you bike and guess what you name will come up as the original owner !

Cheers!

I misread your first post assuming it's about your former bike. No, probably (but almost certain) you won't be able to take it with you as part of your possessions since for vehicles they need to have been owned by you for at least one year prior to relocation to be considered part of your possessions.
Trying to involve another border and/or person would only make things more difficult. It's the same in the EU. There is little as taxed and overly regulated as vehicle import. Everywhere.

As some of you might know I'm in a process of emmigrating to Canada from the UK. I sold my R3 roadster with a hope of getting another one in Canada. Then after a sale somebody here mentioned about a trick of "selling it" to US member and then " buying it back". Just to clarify there is no way of getting UK vehicle to Canada. Checked- no way.
Today I have fell in love again- I just saw a limited black edition of new R3 GT and I want it. But can anybody tell me more about this "trick" so I can bring it to Canada with me?
Please help the old sod in love ;-)
I think the real reason you can't bring your UK bike to Canada is because the UK bike is set up for driving on the wrong side of the road. 🐴

If you contact one of the dealers in Ontario and put down a deposit, I'm sure you should be able to get one. Remember, the early bird gets the worm.

Back