Brand new Rocket 3 burning oil issue

Plug_One_Today

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3R
Just purchase a brand new 2020 Rocket 3R March 30th 2021. A week later noticed that when you load the engine a little it would hesitate. But nothing prepared when I noticed these huge blue puff of smoke behind me when you would load the engine ever so slightly. In the video I attached, notice i am in third gear reving about 2500 rpm and i give it a quarter throttle and bring the rev's to 3800 rpm. Brand new one week old Rocket 3, awesome isn't. SO took 3 weeks before the local Triumph dealer could make time to look, and once they did, they simply said yup there is a problem but we can't touch it before 5 weeks from now. They offered for me 2 option, option one, for me to take it and drive it in the mean time, but if it got worse it was on me the repairs....lol wow what an option, second option leave it sit at the dealer and maybe they will get to it faster.

After a few weeks go by, I decide to call Triumph Canada and advise them I am a little upset with the situation and they try to push the dealer to look at sooner, but with no luck I had to wait the full 5 weeks of it sitting there doing nothing. Anyhow, Yesterday the dealer calls me and advises me yup, the oil pump was missing a oil seal from factory, he said it's not the first time on these models. So needless to say at this point, I am not impressed because this means the engine has been running with low oil pressure meaning premature engine wear. Parts are on back order and basically so far I am getting no where with Triumph Canada. They basically said it happens, sucks to be you.

I figured I would share my experience because before buying this Rocket 3 I research everywhere to see if there was any problems with the new Rocket 3 and besides a few little miner details here and there everyone seems to be happy with there bikes.

I work a Car dealership, and if I would sale someone our top of the line car, and the customer had issues with there car a week later, and made them wait 3 weeks before I can even look at it and then tell them yup, something wrong, but it will take an other 5 weeks before i can look at it, trust me we wouldn't be in business for long that people would find out how ****ty after sales are and service.

Just purchase a brand new 2020 Rocket 3R March 30th 2021. A week later noticed that when you load the engine a little it would hesitate. But nothing prepared when I noticed these huge blue puff of smoke behind me when you would load the engine ever so slightly. In the video I attached, notice i am in third gear reving about 2500 rpm and i give it a quarter throttle and bring the rev's to 3800 rpm. Brand new one week old Rocket 3, awesome isn't. SO took 3 weeks before the local Triumph dealer could make time to look, and once they did, they simply said yup there is a problem but we can't touch it before 5 weeks from now. They offered for me 2 option, option one, for me to take it and drive it in the mean time, but if it got worse it was on me the repairs....lol wow what an option, second option leave it sit at the dealer and maybe they will get to it faster.

After a few weeks go by, I decide to call Triumph Canada and advise them I am a little upset with the situation and they try to push the dealer to look at sooner, but with no luck I had to wait the full 5 weeks of it sitting there doing nothing. Anyhow, Yesterday the dealer calls me and advises me yup, the oil pump was missing a oil seal from factory, he said it's not the first time on these models. So needless to say at this point, I am not impressed because this means the engine has been running with low oil pressure meaning premature engine wear. Parts are on back order and basically so far I am getting no where with Triumph Canada. They basically said it happens, sucks to be you.

I figured I would share my experience because before buying this Rocket 3 I research everywhere to see if there was any problems with the new Rocket 3 and besides a few little miner details here and there everyone seems to be happy with there bikes.

I work a Car dealership, and if I would sale someone our top of the line car, and the customer had issues with there car a week later, and made them wait 3 weeks before I can even look at it and then tell them yup, something wrong, but it will take an other 5 weeks before i can look at it, trust me we wouldn't be in business for long that people would find out how ****ty after sales are and service.

Who is your dealer?

Kcuf, that’s bad news and even worse how they are handling it... it should come back with a new vin. Sorry to hear it

sorry to hear that, for your sake, and all of us that have Triumphs!
I am very happy with my bike, but the Company looks bad.
I will add that motorcycle Companies all appear to not have the same customer service as cars. Maybe cause they know it's a smaller segment of the population, and when you choose your bike you want THAT bike. On cars Honda, Toyota which one gives better deal etc. You will go elsewhere if not good service.

I would advise u to go to your bike and check the motor oil level if it is a quart or more over then it is sucking it in to the air filter then into the throttle bodies.
personally i do not see how a bad seal on a oil pump would cause that problem maybe if they forgot to install the piston oil rings that would do the trick.

personally i do not see how a bad seal on a oil pump would cause that problem maybe if they forgot to install the piston oil rings that would do the trick.
That's what I would say, too.

My concern would be the white colour - for me this is an indicator for "water in the system". Sure it's not the head gasket?

Back