Brake Pads - 2020 R3GT / R / TFC

I do not understand the question. Are you looking for the references of the brake pads?

What are the brake pad part numbers, if I need to order them? i.e. EBC FA447HH (Front)
Couldn't find it in the owners manual. Might be able (or might have) to call up your local Triumph dealer and get the part number.

I'm switching to double sintered pads when it comes time for me to change 'em out.

EDIT:
Well ****, I had checked my brake pads about 700 miles ago and still had a good 2-2.5mm per pad. I go out to the store a few mins ago and I tap my rear brake and hear metal on metal. My right side brake pad on my rear set is gone while the other side is about the same as last I checked it. Good god. Time to replace some pads and hopefully resetting the calipers will fix the obvious unevenness of the wear.

I wonder if that's a result of the brake bleeding fix they applied for the rear brake recall. Because having 1.5mm on one side and being bare assed on the other is excessively unbalanced, at least I think so in my limit capacity of brake and bike knowledge.

Last edited:
As an update, I'm already replacing my rear brake pads after just 4k miles, that's with the EBC FA630HH Double-H Sintered. Going to try the same ones again.. Not sure if I'm doing it wrong or that's just the life expectancy. I'm not a heavy rear brake user, but I know that the brakes are linked.

I notice a differance it seems like one side always wears faster.

I notice a differance it seems like one side always wears faster.
My original set had more wear on the right side, but this time they have pretty even wear. They just wore faster than I expected. The default set made it to ~7200 miles and this new set has almost exactly 4k miles and have less than a 1mm on each pad.

What are the brake pad part numbers, if I need to order them? i.e. EBC FA447HH (Front)
I know you've found the answer by now, but for anyone else here are the stock numbers and prices at Hermy's, plus EBC alternatives. The stock front pads are obviously made of gold with diamond dust embedded...
Screen Shot 2022-08-18 at 7.16.19 AM.png

Interesting, on the EBC website for all the Rocket 2.5s the only pads listed are for the rear

FA630HH​

Amazon says that these are not compatible with my bike, but I'm going with EBC and @jackrotten.
$37.05

Amazon and @jackrotten agree that for the front the correct EBC pads are

FA447HH​

$34.97 x 2 = $69.94 for the front.

Complete pad swap with EBC is 42% of the price of stock pads, not to mention shipping and the inevitable news that whatever it is you want is always "out of stock."

nice info, when do one change the rotor disc front or rear, how many km or how to find it if its due replacement.

I've not changed rotors on my '11 Roadster which now has 80,000 miles and seem to be OK. The manual should give a thickness and measurement for "runout," but unless you have a stuck caliper and severely overheat the rotor and change pads when due, I think you shouldn't have to worry about that for a long time. Maybe someone else will chime in with more experience.

Back