Bought a non runner in Vancouver

I hope the price was right! Either way, a year from now you will either have left this insane, and possibly ill advised project in the rear view, or you will be among the preeminent experts on this board!

I'm hoping for the latter, because a Rocket is a life changing experience and we can always use more capital in the Brain Trust. Good luck!

I hope the price was right!

It was a good week of buying/selling/bartering. Picked up an old 1985 car dolly for $300. Put 4 hours of work and $0 into it. Sold it for $850. Bought a '99 gsxr 750 for $1000. Fixed a fuel leak in it and turned around and traded it straight across for this.

So long story short I'm into it for $450.

Its an '04 with 34k on it. Just figured that out by charging the battery and hooking the ignition up today. Didn't know what it had for mileage when I got it. Also allowed me to run codes and it has a p0460. Off to find out what that is now. I need some airbox pieces and the side panel fairings but other than that it looks fairly complete.

42462579_2077605565603097_3702167908282007552_n.jpg
42427582_2077605688936418_5797024725003665408_o.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys,

New to the forum. Just picked up what I believe is a 2004 r3. No title/registration. Previous owner gave up on it when it stopped running. Left it at the shop and vanished. All I know is he tried a new computer and that wasnt the issue. Anyways, lots of stuff unplugged but bike looks to be fairly complete. She'll be a winter project while I start the process of recovering title/registration. I thank you all in advance for the help down the road! Hopefully I can be an r3 rider next summer!
welcome from another BC resident

Hey guys,

New to the forum. Just picked up what I believe is a 2004 r3. No title/registration. Previous owner gave up on it when it stopped running. Left it at the shop and vanished. All I know is he tried a new computer and that wasnt the issue. Anyways, lots of stuff unplugged but bike looks to be fairly complete. She'll be a winter project while I start the process of recovering title/registration. I thank you all in advance for the help down the road! Hopefully I can be an r3 rider next summer!

I forgot to mention in my welcome note
I have a spare side panel unpainted if you decide to install one

Back