benelli_4572

Supercharged
Went out to the garage today to see a small spot under the roc. I was like WTF!? The Drip is from the water pump. Is there a big issue with the pumps going to hell? Or is the gasket that is there is a beter assesment??

Mine did that several times until I tightened the hose clamps. They were not very tight.
Try that first then do the water pump.

Went out to the garage today to see a small spot under the roc. I was like WTF!? The Drip is from the water pump. Is there a big issue with the pumps going to hell? Or is the gasket that is there is a beter assesment??

I had the same problem I just "Carefully" loosened and retightened the 3 pump housing bolts.. Fixed

Water Pump

I had a problem in the cold weather (Iowa) it gets pretty cold here even in my garage. I removed the pump impeller cover, it has an "o-ring" seal and the aforementioned copper washer under the upper bolt. The solution was to put some ultra-black RTV on the pump surface and in and around the bolt with the copper washer. It hasn't had that annoying drip since. I hope this helps, from another norther.
Marty.:cool:

I have this same thing here in North Dakota. It never really leaves a puddle under the bike, just tracks on the pump housing; always from the top bolt. I have had it in for warranty on this problem once and it stopped for about a season. Its a few dribbles a couple times a year so I just kinda ignore it. I may give the RTV idea a go. It would be nice to see it stop...

Back