Bleeding Clutch

Bleeder is located behind engine near bottom and is a ***** to get to. Would think bleeding be necessarily yet, if so use Dot 4 brake fluid.

Attachments

• Clutch.PNG
    Clutch.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 96
It is a mechanical clutch, so nothing to bleed.

Yeah, I find myself first looking at a members avatar block to check their ride, then looking to see what forum i'm in before answering questions nowadays! Have typed up more than a few "answers" then realizing they're talking about a 2.5, deleted/changed them.

I agree about taking it to big T and making them deal. Unless like me, your nearest dealer is either a good distance OR you wouldn't trust their service guys to adjust your mirrors!

Bleeder is located behind engine near bottom and is a ***** to get to. Would think bleeding be necessarily yet, if so use Dot 4 brake fluid.
The slave cylinder is in front of the engine, as is the clutch, i find it strange the bleeding nipple should be behind the engine?? Do you mean behind the radiator?

OK, so a brief update as I now have fuller knowledge and the original question is answered, thanks all... and to set the record straight and put your minds to rest..
1. I did not buy the ex-demo bike locally
2. I want to fit the GT bars which requires changing of the upper clutch hydraulic hose.
3. I have the parts in my hand and there is a long lead time for a local dealer to fit
4. The bleed nipple on the slave cylinder is behind a bolted on cover, which is behind the radiator, not the lower cowling.
5. My local dealer is ace and even supplied the special tool required to remove the handlebar cluster :)

I'll report back!

OK, so a brief update as I now have fuller knowledge and the original question is answered, thanks all... and to set the record straight and put your minds to rest..
1. I did not buy the ex-demo bike locally
2. I want to fit the GT bars which requires changing of the upper clutch hydraulic hose.
3. I have the parts in my hand and there is a long lead time for a local dealer to fit
4. The bleed nipple on the slave cylinder is behind a bolted on cover, which is behind the radiator, not the lower cowling.
5. My local dealer is ace and even supplied the special tool required to remove the handlebar cluster :)

I'll report back!
Yeah behind radiator, I shouldn't post in early am, not awake yet

Back