I have been reading on the Hammerite website and they say the Hammerite paint is petrol and acid resistant when fully cured and is ok up to 150 degree centigrade or 300 degrees fahrenheit so I am going to try that. I don't think the engine case gets up to those temperatures as the thermostat keeps it around 88 degrees centigrade/190 Fahrenheit.

Halfords have gloss black enamel paint, £5 for a 250ml tin. Just used it to touch up some engine parts on my Honda Blackbird that I'm getting back on the road, it was just what i needed and came up on Google search for gloss enamel paint to touch up the wheels and some bits on the engine casing. It'll withstand the heat and petrol won't wash it off. While i wouldn't normally recommend Halfrauds for anything but fluffy dice for a boy racer mobile, you are uk based, and stores are open. Nice amount in the tin will see you good for touch up for years and it's a fiver.

Paint

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200513-121920.png
    Screenshot_20200513-121920.png
    150 KB · Views: 22
Halfords have gloss black enamel paint, £5 for a 250ml tin. Just used it to touch up some engine parts on my Honda Blackbird that I'm getting back on the road, it was just what i needed and came up on Google search for gloss enamel paint to touch up the wheels and some bits on the engine casing. It'll withstand the heat and petrol won't wash it off. While i wouldn't normally recommend Halfrauds for anything but fluffy dice for a boy racer mobile, you are uk based, and stores are open. Nice amount in the tin will see you good for touch up for years and it's a fiver.
Thanks for the advice

Paint update.
PJ1 FAST BLACK SATIN SPRAY PAINT (S) 400ml
Due to the original paint finish bubbling (which I believe all the rockets suffer with on the timing case) I have used PJ1 FAST BLACK SATIN SPRAY PAINT, as after trying other makes of paint this seems to be the better choice as it almost matches the original paint i have tried and is fast drying.
I over sprayed the whole timing cover and stippled it to blend it in.
I stippled it when it went tacky and put about 6 coats on it.
The overall result is looking good.
It is self curing high temp. paint and with heat they say it becomes hard wearing and fuel resistant.
If I have trouble with it I will update the site.
At the moment I recommend this paint.

Paint update.
PJ1 FAST BLACK SATIN SPRAY PAINT (S) 400ml
Due to the original paint finish bubbling (which I believe all the rockets suffer with on the timing case) I have used PJ1 FAST BLACK SATIN SPRAY PAINT, as after trying other makes of paint this seems to be the better choice as it almost matches the original paint i have tried and is fast drying.
I over sprayed the whole timing cover and stippled it to blend it in.
I stippled it when it went tacky and put about 6 coats on it.
The overall result is looking good.
It is self curing high temp. paint and with heat they say it becomes hard wearing and fuel resistant.
If I have trouble with it I will update the site.
At the moment I recommend this paint.
Got any pictures of the job

Back