Bit of customizing, bit more to go

Geez good eye Sonny, yeah there just temp bolts as the orginals are for my panniers (so there abit long). Havent made it to the bolt shop yet haha

Just painted up a flyscreen to match the rest of the job. God windshields are fugly. Doing a Ramair now. Gonna put tools in the air box so I can put the ugly saddle bags on quick brackets, then I can run most of the time without them ugly fockers - making headway!
Yours is looking tip top kenne!

IMG_5590.JPG
IMG_4428.JPG

Picked up my R3 about 4 months ago, since then did a bit of powder coating, bit of painting, new thunderbike Tbars, Ram-air, new tune (thanks HansO). Next will be cut down rear guard, Led headlight and indicators and running cables through bars. Also fabricating some new header pipes, has anyone esle done their own headers? any tips?

BEFORE

Resized_20160922_182039.jpeg

AFTER

20170101_164630.jpg

It looks good....even better after you took the ladder off the bike. It's all about composing your shot...lol

EastexIII is that a dart screen you painted up? Looks great, does it do much? or is it more show as I was looking at getting one.

I believe that's an OEM Triumph flyscreen that Clint (EasTexRIII) duded up, kenne. I've been running the same on my 200 hp Carpenter-powered beast from day one (7 years ago) and yes, they certainly are functional. As opposed to any windshield or larger windscreen, it takes the wind load off your upper body, usually right on up to the top of your forehead, unless you're considerably taller than 6' tall. I actually enjoy the slight buffeting at the top of my helmet as it reminds you, rightfully for most motorcyclists, that you are still "in the wind". It never buffets the bike's front end as so many other options do, consequently it will never jeopardize your handling or safety, nor will it compromise or distort the riders vision.

All that, plus they look pretty darned cool - working with, rather than detracting from your ride's lines - IMO. :thumbsup:

Ahh cheers good info Triumphil
yeah I reckon it just ties that area of the bike together making the bike less bug eyed. The bike came with a oem windshield but the head buffering at speed was unbearable and just didn't suit the look I was after.

Thanks for that info Phil, I haven't rode with mine yet. Yes it's Triumph OEM. Just mounted it up and am in process of going thru throttle body balance & Ramair install (disassembled n waiting on Ramair to arrive). I do ride mine usually with no windshield at all & full face helmet unless going on a very long haul. So that's welcome news Phil :D
Gotta go watch the Cowboys whip da packers now :thumbsup:

Back