As an old Navy friend who lives there just told me, they have Californicated Colorado. It's a geographically a beautiful state, and one that I considered moving to, however, crime associated with the marijuana industry is going through the roof. Pueblo, where two friends grew up and that was once a lovely town, has become a drug addled stink hole with bums moving from out of out of state, begging on street corners for free marijuana and stealing anything that is not tied down to buy it.

My long time Navy friend just sent me news of a report that the Russian mob is taking over the illicit marijuana grow operations and that hunting down and destroying them has overtaken the Colorado Springs police to the point that they are overwhelmed and not responding to reports of crime.

Our daughter and her husband bought a beautiful $460,000 home in the NE springs near the Air Force Academy in a high end area where they are experiencing break ins day and night. Her neighbor was interviewed/appeared on local news because robbers were breaking into his home, while he was present, and he accosted them. They ran to their caravan of three cars and shot at him as he chased them. The other night robbers broke into a home while the owners were present. She said the people in the area are are also not warm and friendly like in Florida, Texas and other parts of the south where she has lived and traveled, but rather detached. The worst of it is that so many don't get upset by the crime but rather think it is somewhat normal and just part of living. Those idiots surely must be from California, Chicago or New York City.

My Navy friend, who grew up in Pueblo, is packing up and moving from Colorado Springs to the great state of North Carolina where their children live. He's had enough.

Our daughter is an expert marksman and was a firearms instructor for the required course to get a concealed carry permit in Texas so she is well prepared. Still, we very much worry about her.

I'll be driving out to visit her in a couple of weeks and she said we must park my truck on the Academy grounds while there because it will get broken into while parked in front of her house. Again, this is in one of the nicest areas of Colorado Springs.

Tripps, thanks so much for the offer and I might take you up on that.

Last edited:
I can't imagine. They should have made the whole state of Colorado a state park :inlove
Well - Except (from experience) Boulder and Denver. And wiping one part of Golden off the map should be a federal priority. There is also one fast food place that needs to grasp that FOOD generally is actually edible.

As an old Navy friend who lives there just told me, they have Californicated Colorado. It's a geographically a beautiful state, and one that I considered moving to, however, crime associated with the marijuana industry is going through the roof. Pueblo, where two friends grew up and that was once a lovely town, has become a drug addled stink hole with bums moving from out of out of state, begging on street corners for free marijuana and stealing anything that is not tied down to buy it.

My long time Navy friend just sent me news of a report that the Russian mob is taking over the illicit marijuana grow operations and that hunting down and destroying them has overtaken the Colorado Springs police to the point that they are overwhelmed and not responding to reports of crime.

Our daughter and her husband bought a beautiful $460,000 home in the NE springs near the Air Force Academy in a high end area where they are experiencing break ins day and night. Her neighbor was interviewed/appeared on local news because robbers were breaking into his home, while he was present, and he accosted them. They ran to their caravan of three cars and shot at him as he chased them. The other night robbers broke into a home while the owners were present. She said the people in the area are are also not warm and friendly like in Florida, Texas and other parts of the south where she has lived and traveled, but rather detached. The worst of it is that so many don't get upset by the crime but rather think it is somewhat normal and just part of living. Those idiots surely must be from California, Chicago or New York City.

My Navy friend, who grew up in Pueblo, is packing up and moving from Colorado Springs to the great state of North Carolina where their children live. He's had enough.

Our daughter is an expert marksman and was a firearms instructor for the required course to get a concealed carry permit in Texas so she is well prepared. Still, we very much worry about her.

I'll be driving out to visit her in a couple of weeks and she said we must park my truck on the Academy grounds while there because it will get broken into while parked in front of her house. Again, this is in one of the nicest areas of Colorado Springs.

Tripps, thanks so much for the offer and I might take you up on that.

I feel like I dodged a bullet then, I was trying to get Colorado and ended up here instead, yaay me!

Wow! I was in Col Springs while stationed at Ft Carson. USED to be a VERY nice place. This was in 1968............

Wow! I was in Col Springs while stationed at Ft Carson. USED to be a VERY nice place. This was in 1968............

The area around Ft Carson, south CO Springs, is the worst of it. Our son-in-law is an Apache pilot stationed there with the Aviation Combat Brigade

Rob, I'm also glad you didn't get stationed there because now you are here to help we hapless Rocket riders with our tech challenges.

I could not resist the deal ....being tired of getting the Rocket up on my truck bed and with a friend offering to sell the perfect trailer to me for a ridiculous amount of money ... had to buy the thing ..
. It is actually a 2 horse trailer bumper puller as it is called, perfect for carrying a Rocket, now with minimal changes it will carry 200 horses.
It has dual axles electric brakes, lights, spare tire, in good shape no rust. It sat beside a barn for 8 years
grass was about to outgrow the whole thing when I went to pick it up. Now it sits on my bocce court ready to be modded. The interior is 9 feet long so really no difficulty in installing my Rocket frame lockup which is currently bolted to my truck bed. Only 9 inches up to load -- lot easier than four feet for the truck bed as I plan to go south this winter. I am truly all set for the trip.
okanagan lake 016.JPG

i put a winch with a remote control to get my bike in the back and pull a 23 foot trailer.

i put a winch with a remote control to get my bike in the back and pull a 23 foot trailer.
used to load the R3 onto the truck with a winch and a ramp in 2 pieces of 5 feet each ,but now I can move the thing in and out in 3mn.onto the trailer . going back to the truck +camper +trailer combo seemed to be the way for me to go

Back