Bike to Bike radios?

gldean,

My wife and I bought a couple of "scala riders" last year. They work off of your cell phone using one touch and voice activation technology. My wife had a full windscreen and was able to converse at speeds over 70 mph. I did not have screen and had trouble hearing over 50. Distance from one another is not an issue as you are technically speaking over a cell phone using blue tooth technology. Good luck.

RedR3 said:
Chriss, where to and with what did you relocate your ignition switch?

Hi Red:
I haven't relocated my Ign switch as of yet, I wish I had as it is a bother to reach over my GPS to turn it on and off..

NightRider
Chriss

Hi Roy:
Here are some pictures that will show the antenna mounting. I have both the 2 foot and 3 foot antennas but use the short one most all the time. You can see that I used some aluminum stock to make a mounting off the end of the luggage rack. I needed to clear the GIVI top box.

The handle bar mounting bracket is the standard Honda unit used with longer bolts and spacers sleeves to clear the hand grip. It is a good unit and I use the stereo, intercom and CB all the time.

Be sure to call Overby's Two Wheel Sound (800) 992-4092 and ask to speak with Robert the owner. Tell him you want the same set up as (Chriss Horstman) from New Jersey. He is always very helpful and goes way back with Triumph ownership. PM me and I will return call you if you need any more help.

NightRider
Chriss

I give my riding buddy the signal to slow down, pull up along side of him and yell to him at the top of my lungs. Works pretty well and cheap.

I just shout louder to turn around.

I had a CB and helmet mounted mic/earphone back when I had a 1985 Goldwing while stationed in Virginia. I then rode with one of the local Wing chapters and must admit that it was useful to have for everything from safety and ride coordination to idle chit-chat and banter.

If I get another Gold Wing, it will have a CB.

Back