Bike to Bike radios?

gldean

Supercharged
What do you guys use.

CB's? What type? Handheld talkies or ?

Headsets?

Hand switches on bars?

Whatever you are using . . . I would like to hear about it. I want to be able to communicate with my wife when we are riding our separate bikes. Not necessarily important for passenger to listen in on conversation.

Thanks!
:D

I bought a "Star Com" which is a little black box that plugs everything to gether. It has the head set in your helmet and works best for me with the optional 'push to talk' switch added next to the headlight switch. It can work with a phone, (I don't use that) or Ipod or x-m radio, (have used both and works well) and it plugs in the cheap Motorola walke talke. Might use something else next time (too many wires) but it has worked well on a couple of long trips so far.

I also have a Chatterbox for bike-to-bike, but other than one group that I ride with, the CB option is where I'm heading next (once J&M makes a Bluetooth version).

I have a set of the belt clip design radios . . . headsets? Recommendations?

Also . . .can they be triggered from the handle bars if a wire to switch was in place?

Thanks.

CB RADIO

J&M HANDLEBAR-MOUNT CB RADIO WITH INTERCOM AND STEREO

Click.............

Had it for years on my R3, works good. On sale for $254.00 solo, $306.00 dual. Great buy.

NightRider
Chriss

Re: CB RADIO

NightRider said:

Click.............

Had it for years on my R3, works good. On sale for $254.00 solo, $306.00 dual. Great buy.

NightRider
Chriss
NightRider,
is that setup being used with a Corbin Fleetliner Faring? It looks that way, but with mine, I don't have the kind of room you show there.
Thanks,
Dog

Re: CB RADIO

Rude Dog said:
NightRider said:

C

NightRider
Chriss
NightRider,
is that setup being used with a Corbin Fleetliner Faring? It looks that way, but with mine, I don't have the kind of room you show there.
Thanks,
Dog

Hi Dog:
Yes, you are correct, it is the Corbin Fleetliner Faring. I have had this setup for over a year and it works nice. I use to have a Flyscreen that everything you see pictured fit just the same.

The CB Radio is mounted on the left handle bar and the GPS is mounted ahead of the Tach and Speedo.

I like this J&M CB Radio because of the intercom and stereo for my music. Also the weather brodcast is nice to have when the rain is closing in on you. If I can help just let me know.

NightRider
Chriss

Back