BEWARE...Posting Smartphone Photos of Bikes

Speaking from first hand experience, which I cannot go into, the original warning is valid and very good practice (I don't follow it myself sometimes though, lol).

Remember, most sites you post anything to, then own that data legally. Your picture, and your meta data is not yours once it's on the net.

Google never deletes anything, ever.......EVER.

Google accounts and Android phones default to upload backups to your google account. Location, pictures, pattern of life, call history, contacts, texts, browsing history, all stored and cached by default at Google when using Android devices.

All it takes is one nut job with time and a goal...

I run my photos through this before posting, in most cases. They show ads for their other photo related products, but that's fair enough I guess for a free app.

EXIF Purge - Batch remove EXIF data from photos

You can also change a setting on phones where they stop recording GPS data onto the pictures.

Silly me . . . what are the springs for on the header ?

It took me a day to realize what this comment was referring to... The springs hold the pipes to the manifold. Rather than welding, then risking cracking due to temp changes and pressure, they used springs to hold the 3 pipe to the manifold.

MarvinM

I run my photos through this before posting, in most cases. They show ads for their other photo related products, but that's fair enough I guess for a free app.

EXIF Purge - Batch remove EXIF data from photos

You can also change a setting on phones where they stop recording GPS data onto the pictures.

I remove exif data automatically on all photos uploaded as attachments here.

I remove exif data automatically on all photos uploaded as attachments here.

Great, only sensible thing really. But I still tend to "sanitize" my pics before any public consumption, not everyone is as conscientious as you/this board. :)

Back