Beetles and a trailer hitch

No Beetles

Well, the hitch is on and so are the bags. I ordered the hitch from Hitch Doc with both sets of hardware, with and without bags but ended up only using the spacers from the without bags set. From the Rivco bag set I used the bolts they sent but had to cut the larger bolts off by about 1/4 - 5/16 so they wouldn't stick out under the fender. I marked the bag mount brackets at 3/4" with tape and cut them off with a die grinder with a cutting wheel, then made sure they were flat by dressing them up a bit on the side of a grinder. Turned out nearly perfect. The bags fit flat as possible up against the hitch and they can still be removed easily.

Until I see a set of beetles on a R3 myself, I cant be positive but I am pretty sure they will still mount with the hitch because the hitch follows the shape of the fender down. They may stick out a little further than a normal mount but should work. I just need to see the way they mount.

Here's some pics . . .

Attachments

• hitch.jpg
    hitch.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 143
  • back hitch.jpg
    back hitch.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 123
  • top bags.jpg
    top bags.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 117
But Flipper, you know the wifey needs her hair dryer(s), iron, an assortment of hair rollers, three changes of clothes per day, make-up and reflection mirrors, her Almeda Marcos shoes assortment, and of course play toys. These aren't manly requirements, you know how to wash the extra skivvies in the sink, but they are main requirements :D

yo booger, that's a good habit! Keep it up :D

Ill need to pull a 5th wheel for my wife's stuff

Back