We went through it all this winter. MY wife had ovarian cancer,it's a difficult thing to go through,we were fortunate,she is now dancing with NED (no evidence of disease) as they call it. She went back to work fairly early,but the energy level is still slowly returning. Best of luck to you and yours, that you will share the same outcome.:thumbsup:
Unfortunately my wife has what they now call incurable used to be called terminal but they have dumped that description. That said, she is under going a treatment called LU177 they pump radio active lutetium through her veins for an hour or so. obviously that's a basic description its a lot more involved than that :rolleyes: the whole process takes around 8-10 hours. this is every 3 months a course of 4 treatments over 12 months. We were lucky to get it as after this govenment halted funds in October last year she was (apparently) the last person to be allowed it. She has a type of Cancer called N.E.T. neuroendocrine tumours of the bowel. I wont bore everyone with the details but since last june 2015 the tumour growth has been halted with no significant changes. We are ever hopeful as you never know, a cure might be just around the corner. We decided, if possible that we are going to carry on as best we can and when the time comes, well, we will handle that situation when it arrives. Nuff said. Cheers again my friend.

Unfortunately my wife has what they now call incurable used to be called terminal but they have dumped that description. That said, she is under going a treatment called LU177 they pump radio active lutetium through her veins for an hour or so. obviously that's a basic description its a lot more involved than that :rolleyes: the whole process takes around 8-10 hours. this is every 3 months a course of 4 treatments over 12 months. We were lucky to get it as after this govenment halted funds in October last year she was (apparently) the last person to be allowed it. She has a type of Cancer called N.E.T. neuroendocrine tumours of the bowel. I wont bore everyone with the details but since last june 2015 the tumour growth has been halted with no significant changes. We are ever hopeful as you never know, a cure might be just around the corner. We decided, if possible that we are going to carry on as best we can and when the time comes, well, we will handle that situation when it arrives. Nuff said. Cheers again my friend.
>>>>and sorry forgot to say whilst babbling on.............I am very happy for you and wish you both the best.

>>>>and sorry forgot to say whilst babbling on.............I am very happy for you and wish you both the best.
No worries,thanks, enjoy and cherish the time you spend together,we have a whole new outlook on things. Unfortunately ovarian cancer is not curable,it will return,maybe a year,2 years 20 years,we don't know,so we have been enjoying life together, Good luck.

Me neither. I don't do religion, mine is more the power of the mind. But, Your prayers and good wishes empower my mind. :thumbsup: Thank you.

Back