Bear Man needs to replace Battery

$81.00 bucks sounds very resonable for a gel battery, escpecaily from the dealer. A regular acid type unit of that size from WallyWorld would cost between $45-$50.00. Most important though, is to check the production date on the "new" battery to help make sure you don't get a battery that's been on the shelf for a year or so. Bigern

Do you know anyone in the auto repair Biz? Get the exact group number off of your battery and get the Interstate guy to get you a replacement. Maybe you can get it wholesale through your buddies at the car shop....

I Order batteries for my place of work from time to time, and know just enough to be dangerous, but here goes. A true Gel battery will not take the same charging voltage as a lead acid battery. Charging at excessive rates will shorten its life. I don't know the exact voltage supplied from the R3 regulator but my understanding that if its enough lead acid, its to much for gel. The answer is Absorbed Glass Matt (AGM)batteries, and this may be what your dealer is really selling you. My catalog shows a AGM (Deka ETX20L) Battery Sugg retail. $125.95. These batteries will withstand charge rates equal to that of Lead Acid Batteries. Be carefull though some dealers will sell a sealed lead acid battery as a Gel, If it doesn't say on the Battery, Gel or AGM its not. $80.00 is more the right price for a sealed lead acid battery, A True gel battery is higher priced than the AGM.

Good post Gunshots, this info will most likely same someone a lot of headaches and $$$ if your shared knowledge is being recalled from your memory banks properly.

Back