Battery Upgrade

We had a wickedly cold winter here and there were periods of weeks that were well below the freezing mark. I went 6-8 weeks over several cycles when when I did not turn the beast over and yet, when i did fire her up she came to life without hesitation.

My Rocket has had the benefit of a partial Carpenterization (cams + supporting components) and at 170 h.p and almost 165 ft. lbs of torque an HD version of the stock battery performs flawlessly. The original, stock ignition was replaced by Rivco's ignition kit years ago.

Is your bike worked up at all BehereNow?

I wonder what accounts for the disparity of cranking/ignition issues other than for significant customizations or the anemic stock ignition in earlier models?

We had a wickedly cold winter here and there were periods of weeks that were well below the freezing mark. I went 6-8 weeks over several cycles when when I did not turn the beast over and yet, when i did fire her up she came to life without hesitation.

My Rocket has had the benefit of a partial Carpenterization (cams + supporting components) and at 170 h.p and almost 165 ft. lbs of torque an HD version of the stock battery performs flawlessly. The original, stock ignition was replaced by Rivco's ignition kit years ago.

Is your bike worked up at all BehereNow?

I wonder what accounts for the disparity of cranking/ignition issues other than for significant customizations or the anemic stock ignition in earlier models?
No, running stock.

true...I find 450 more than ample but i don't get the freezing temps you do. just looked up your battery and reckon its a rippa.

Yup, I mainly bought it because I'm tired of replacing a normal lead-acid every or every other year. Even with trickle charging they tend to just sulfate themselves to death over winter storage. The extra CCA is a bonus.

Back