Battery booster electric question..

albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
hopefully either & BARBAGRIS OR D'ECOSSE MAY HAVE THE ANSWER....please....

HERE IS THE QUESTION I have purchased a G40 LITHIUM battery starter helper it is fully charged as per the green light and when plugged to a weak battery terminals it does "boost" the current flow and the starter turns over
....now if I connect that booster directly to the pos and neg wiring ( bypassing the battery) there is no power all Idid was disconnect the battery and connected just the generac booster to the wires .. turned the key and nothing no lights in the gauges nor in the headlights any explanation that can shed Light:thumbsdown: I thought there was ample power in those little boosters.

hopefully either & BARBAGRIS OR D'ECOSSE MAY HAVE THE ANSWER....please....

HERE IS THE QUESTION I have purchased a G40 LITHIUM battery starter helper it is fully charged as per the green light and when plugged to a weak battery terminals it does "boost" the current flow and the starter turns over
....now if I connect that booster directly to the pos and neg wiring ( bypassing the battery) there is no power all Idid was disconnect the battery and connected just the generac booster to the wires .. turned the key and nothing no lights in the gauges nor in the headlights any explanation that can shed Light:thumbsdown: I thought there was ample power in those little boosters.

Patrick,
I have the same NOCO and it works great - every time!
What are you trying to do?

Patrick,
I have the same NOCO and it works great - every time!
What are you trying to do?
just want to know if on its own the noco can replace the battery entirely albeit for a short period.of time
I.E remove battery and connect only the NOCO to the wiring

just want to know if on its own the noco can replace the battery entirely albeit for a short period.of time

Interesting . . .
Perhaps if you say the magic words . . .
Kanuck, kanuckie, kanuck, kanuck! :rolleyes: :p
Do not forget to utilize the dialectic method. :D

For safety purposes, some chargers must sense an appropriate voltage (polarity and min value) before becoming active. I would think a booster box acting as you described may have that feature.

Pat,

Is it the Genius Boost GB40? If so, from what I've read, it must sense the proper battery voltage before it can boost to prevent hooking the booster up backwards.

It also appears there is an 'override' or 'boost' button so that it can start a vehicle without a battery. Several videos are available showing this feature.

NO IT CAN NOT - It is a booster NOT a battery.
I have tried the BYPASS idea - Guzzi drains it in no time.

Back