TPS Voltage Question.

Tony Casey

.020 Over
Ride
2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
Hi all , i aim having a problem with my r3 roadster idling smoothly. I have dealer tool and checked the TPS voltage settings results are 0.645 2nd TPS voltage reading 0.234. I assume these are out of range and would like to know how to correct these. Also checked throttle balance readings are cyl 1 58kpa cyl 2 59kpa cal 59kpa. Just want smooth idle ant help much appreciated. Tony.

Sorry Tony can't help with dealer tool but TPS should be 0.6 +/-0.02v. ISCV should be 0.72v

Throttle bodies are usually measured in hpa and as long as they're with a span of 10 should be ok.

Tony have got the TuneECU cable and software if not get it and run the "Adjust ISCV" function on the tests page, follow the instructions at the bottom of the page to the letter you will need a T25 torx key for the TPS which is the one on the number three Throttle body, do not touch the one at the front on the number 1 throttle body, once you have it set at .6 volts follow the next step to set the stepper motor you will need a 7mm open end spanner to adjust it to .72 volts.
the vacuums you list appear within balance but best checked with TuneECU so you get the Hpa reading which should be no more than 10 Hpa difference between the highest and the lowest reading, if so you will not need to balance

Is there a method to verify the setting on the front one?
You might Try linking up to the bike have it on the test page. And perform a 2nd throttle test maybe one of the gauges will show voltage. Fully closed would be .6 volts but the manual states you have to push the secondary's fully shut. That being said You will probably see .7 volts with it closing as much as it does without force. Otherwise I have not figured out how to read the secondary Voltage yet.
What ever you do DO not pull the secondary TPS out as it is spring loaded and gets put in differently then the primary. Also if you can not read the voltage on it do not adjust it my bet is it is fine.

As Hanso said you need the TuneECU software(free) and a Lonelec cable - not to mention a laptop though some can do it with Android before you can really do anything.

Back