For Sale Bad Decision: Indian Scout Bobber W/O blessing

Been there, done that. My parents hated motorcycles. Despised them. They told me they would throw me out if I ever got one. I was 17, bought my Triumph Bonneville, showed up at home and flatly told them 'You can throw me out now" and walked away. I was a man, and if they wanted to throw me out, I was ready. They never did. My mother still gives me nothing but grief about riding. She is 93. Just rode to go see her 2 weeks ago and had to hear about how I was crazy for riding 'that thing'. I have been riding for 51 years now. Thank God I stuck to my guns. My advice: Keep the bike Kid! You make your decisions, and let them make theirs.

My dad did too. Back when I was about 15, two other village idiots and I built a two wheeled rolling death trap on a bicycle frame, using a Whizzer rear rim for the 3 hp Brigs & Stratton power plant belt with a string throttle cable to the handlebar. It had a leaking Whizzer fuel tank. Man was it fun though for awhile, until our father's collectively seized and destroyed it before one of us was maimed. I joined the Navy when I was 18 and bought a used Yamaha 250 YDS-1 two days after getting out of boot camp. I rode it 500 miles to home in one day, getting in late at night. I pulled up on the front porch and heard my mom through the window telling my dad to get the gun, I guess to shoot the dirty biker who she thought was about to break into the house. "Don't shoot Dad, it's me" I yelled.

I sure wish that young man could convince his parents to relent so he could keep the bike.

There seems to be a theme here. M.C.R.D. San Diego at 17 years old. Graduated and within a hour or two rode off on a brand New 1975 RD350. Rode it to my parents house and they could not believe it was me. Not only the physical difference after three months of basic but riding a new motorcycle completely blew them away. I was surprised at how long it took my dad to recognize who had pulled up in the driveway. ;);););););)

....I was 16 with a step dad..just left school and started an apprenticeship as a carpenter...got a Puch Moped!..
Step dad used to bully me so one day he took a swing, i blocked it and split his top lip open real good!...he didn't like that so i was out!...went south and lived at my cousins for two weeks till i got a flat...been battling happily ever since!...
My real dad was a motorcycle mechanic with his own garage but i never saw him again till i was 32...too late then, he was a stranger..things may well have been different had he stayed.

My dad was a L.A. county Sheriff. At 15 teen i took a poke at him after an argument. Looked up and was staring at the wrong end of a 45. Pointed at my nose with no breathing room. No joke. If i had gone to swing again would not be here. He and i nowadays are very close. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

looking for what new parent?:roll::roll:
some one on here will adopt u:laugh::laugh:

Back