For Sale Bad Decision: Indian Scout Bobber W/O blessing

I always told my girls that while living here they had to live by my rules. We helped the youngest get her two bikes but then she got married and moved out. I inherited the CDH which now has the BB kit on it. It is one of my favorite bikes. Any time she wants to ride with us she is welcome to ride MY bike.;)

The kid messed up and will pay the price$$. If you, at any age and still live at home daddy has a say about what goes on. True adulthood is living in your own place and paying all the bills.

I always told my girls that while living here they had to live by my rules. We helped the youngest get her two bikes but then she got married and moved out. I inherited the CDH which now has the BB kit on it. It is one of my favorite bikes. Any time she wants to ride with us she is welcome to ride MY bike.;)

The kid messed up and will pay the price$$. If you, at any age and still live at home daddy has a say about what goes on. True adulthood is living in your own place and paying all the bills.
both my boys (and their families)know what I have is theirs if they need it our home is their home if and when they need it parenthood dont stop when they move out

My friends 21 year old had a 2019 Indian Scout Bobber follow him home while his parents were on a cruise (vacation). His Mother about flipped out:mad::mad::mad::mad:.
He knew better, tried to get his way:(.Lost...was informed "It's either You or the Bike"
Indian has 200 miles on it, comes with full warranty. $ 9,000 US
Kid paid $ 13,000o_O

If anyone is interested, pm me and I'll send contact info...bike is located just outside Chicago, Illinois.USA
Norm
IMG957061_2.jpg
Seeing that your spilling the beans;)
How did Junior get the $13,000?
If it was his, he had the perfect vehicle to 'flee the nest' as long as he did not splurge on factory accessories that could have covered his first few tanks of gas, a feed and wash until he could find a job wherever he ended up!;):D:cool:

Sounds like he may have had a case of 'Brain F@rt' youthful purchase syndrome, that sadly despite my age still seems to afflict me too:(:eek:;):D:roll::roll::roll:

Kid's now-a-days. At 21, I had already done 3 years in the US Army, one of those in Viet Nam, was married and had a Yamaha R350. How times have changed.

I must agree that the situation seems pretty odd. I was on my way in the world when I was 18 so I simply cannot understand how a 21 year old MAN would put himself in a position to still have to ask "Mother may I?" on any decision that did not directly and negatively effect the parents, such as carousing around all night, drugs or bringing people into their home with whom they disapprove. But having to get their permission on a purchase......Yikes!

It's such a beautiful machine and it's most unfortunate that this young man has gotten himself into a situation where he cannot enjoy the freedom and exhilaration of motorcycle riding. I suppose as cootertwo has suggested, it is all to common these days.

Back