Back in the saddle!

Trip was 1200 miles. Did a 420 mile day from Mesa to Vegas (through Pine and Flagstaff) just as a storm was coming in. I wanted to go home the next day, but Cedar City had 70mph winds.. no joy. I stayed put in Vegas and just worked (computer in the hotel)... turned out I got a lot done and avoided what could have been a bad trip (no need to prove anything, I'm no longer 25 years old).

Made it home safely the following day.

Best fuel economy I got was 36.. worst was 29.5. Normal was 33-34... I guess if you kept it under 65 you'd get 40 or more... but who can do that?

What I liked best about this bike was being able to roll-on pass like I was grabbing two gears on any other bike... now, that is fun. Worst thing was the Triumph shield on it gave me head-bobble.... but that's fixable and not the fault of the bike, it's just that it kept me company the whole trip... next thing needing fixing is the suspension.. she wallowed on me when I pushed it... and it takes more English to lay 'er over than I'm used to.. but that's just getting used to it. Took me a bit to get used to its mass.. and unlike my old Valkyrie the mass isn't as low.

Course the curb appeal is fantastic, lots of conversations in the oddest places... I love the big gas tank.. 150 miles before the light would come on which is enough.

Exhaust note is a must.. working on that and I don't love the handle bars.. working on that too...

Anyway, thanks for letting me share. It feels good to be back! I'm a real boy again.

John

Back