Awesome and sad ride report

Dads know stuff, that’s what I’m talking about, even our very smart sons we raised call us for opinion, cool stuff there, but now we know where rob gets it from

Brought back a memory of my dad, gone 32 years now, when I didn't listen to him and had to learn the hard way he loved to say

"Whatta ya know, the old b#stard was right again, wasn't he?"

Spoke with my father, who's built an untold number of very high strung race engines.

In his 45 years as a mechanic, and 20 building race engines he's only seen 1 chain break the way mine did, and it was a result of the chain being scored by a customer during assembly.

Going to file this under "random manufacturing flaw" and go on with life.

He also agrees, if valves are sealing (they are) and move smoothly, it's fairly certain they're not bent since the valve to guide tolerance is so small, any binding would be immediately apparent.

If the clearance between the cams and the buckets were good the valves are closing. A nent one would have more clearance since the valve would not be seated. Not sure if you checked them prior to pulling the ladder.

Spoke with my father, who's built an untold number of very high strung race engines.

In his 45 years as a mechanic, and 20 building race engines he's only seen 1 chain break the way mine did, and it was a result of the chain being scored by a customer during assembly.

Going to file this under "random manufacturing flaw" and go on with life.

He also agrees, if valves are sealing (they are) and move smoothly, it's fairly certain they're not bent since the valve to guide tolerance is so small, any binding would be immediately apparent.

That's cool about yer dad building race engines! Guess the 'nut not falling far from the tree' saying fits nicely. :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, don't bother buying a lottery ticket :roll:

Tough break man. Glad you got home safe though. Good luck with the repairs.

Back