Avon Cobra AV71 & AV72 $50 Rebate 3/1/17 to 4/30/17

rahoffman2

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 Touring
Started looking for tires for the year. I buy the tires I need for the year in the spring (2 rear and 1 front) so I don't have to wait for them when they need changing.

Anyway, I always Google Avon Rebates because most years they have rebates in the Spring. This year they are offering $20 for a front and $30 for the rear. That is $80 I can spend on Momma! :)

Avon Motorcycle Tyres North America » Offer

Rocky Mountain ATV always has the best price with free shipping. Good date codes too.
Avon Cobra AV72 Rear Motorcycle Tire | Tires and Wheels | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
Avon Cobra AV71 Front Motorcycle Tire | Motorcycle | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

Last edited:
DUDE, this is the TOURING forum . . . or are you suggesting a radical changeout of the wheel, brakes, adjustment of the fender, forks, engine mount . . .

No, Joe. I'm cognizant of the fact that this is a Touring-dedicated sub-forum, but Avons don't come up all that much, so I posted my query here and in an other currently active tire thread that mentioned Avon's offerings for our chosen steeds.

BTW, is there any reason why the 140/75 17 Cobra couldn't or shouldn't be mounted on a Touring model? I have little doubt that it would make the model lighter feeling, more responsive to rider input and better at tracking, turn-in and overall handling than the 150. Is the front rim on the Touring a different size than on any other Rocket III model?

Youth (all things being relative) wants to know!

Thanks , Fred.

My 64 year young memory strikes again!!!

So, has anyone tried a 16" 140 tire up front on their Touring, yet? I think so (you hooligan)...

Back