Auxiliary fuel tank

DO you carry gas in your car also ? No but I never leave town without a full tank - gives me a 650 mile range, never let it get less than 1/4 how bout emergency food and drink in every vehicle and an easy leaker or PORTA POTTY no lots of bushes and some roads can go on the centerline and no one will see you ya never know what might happen .

When your choice is sit on the side of the road for unknown amount of time or double back 5o miles to a detour and add over 150 miles to trip it's just common sense to be prepared. The highway north of town was recently closed for 9 hours for a crash. If you weren't prepared you were sol

When your choice is sit on the side of the road for unknown amount of time or double back 5o miles to a detour and add over 150 miles to trip it's just common sense to be prepared. The highway north of town was recently closed for 9 hours for a crash. If you weren't prepared you were sol

When the wife and I travel on a trip, especially in the winter, I make sure I've got extra fuel, water, food and snacks, canned alcohol heat, a plastic bucket, plastic garbage bags to fit the bucket and toilet paper. :eek::roll::whitstling:

We were traveling up from Florida about to go through Atlanta one time. Being me, I said to the wife...we're going pull off, top off our tank and take a pee break before hitting Atlanta. We hadn't been back on the road for more than three miles when we got stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in Atlanta for 6 hours. No accident, no nothing... just gridlocked traffic. There is something to be said for trying to plan ahead.

If you have to stop to transfer gas why not just stop a get gas. I've never would be concerned about extra fuel unless I was going through no man's land where I couldn't find fuel. I carry a lot of crazy "what if" things when I ride, but extra fuel will not be one of them.
EXACTLY makes no sense at all

YEP Ill just stop gas up, hit the head, get a bite to eat and stretch my legs thats more like it .

Here's a quote from Spike Milligan's "Rommel? Gunner who?" that might help you out.

Oh for crying out loud...just use a catheter with a long piece of tubing down the leg of your pants. An auxiliary tank along with that and there will be no need to ever stop. Just hope your ABS works on the slick spot.

i am a little confused if two people were traveling at the same speed in different places would it not take them the same amount of time to travel the same distance????????

NO. Different places out west and different places out east definitely take different times to travel the same distances. Much more time needed in the east due to lower speed limits, high density traffic, back ups and tolls.

Can't you "feather" the pump lever when getting close to the top, to keep it from splashing? That's what I do & fill to the top o_O
My dad owned a gas station when I was growing up. Filling a gas tank isn't normally this big a pain in the as*
For some reason my tank will only accept the last gallon and a half trickling the fuel in. Most pumps won't discharge slow enough. I have the tank off my cycle right now. I'm getting it painted. Maybe I can find the cause. It might be a simple baffle that is bent? Time to look....

My dad owned a gas station when I was growing up. Filling a gas tank isn't normally this big a pain in the as*
For some reason my tank will only accept the last gallon and a half trickling the fuel in. Most pumps won't discharge slow enough. I have the tank off my cycle right now. I'm getting it painted. Maybe I can find the cause. It might be a simple baffle that is bent? Time to look....

Its a common problem on the R3T. I had a bike many years ago, don't remember which one, that had a similar problem. Helped it by drilling a few holes around the filler neck to let trapped air escape. Since you have the tank off you could try that. You just have to make sure you get all the metal filings out of the tank.

Back