AutoSwitch garage door opener installation

Had kind of a delay in this project based on attempted theft of the bike. Took remote apart and had it on coffee table inside examining contacts. Went out early next morning to get on bike. Bike not there and garage door open. I live in a super nice ghetto. So open garage door = missing bike. Called cops. Bike is so new that there is not a license tag on it. Cop says that they cannot file a report, even though I have the VIN number. Will not send out patrol either. Ugh. Blood boiling. Driving alley looking for nightwalker pushing bike. Find bike a block away parked. Miraculously not dropped. Initially I was thinking I accidentally triggered the remote from inside and the garage door stayed open, but based on neighbor's security cam, seems like thief knew bike was there and was going specifically for it at 3am. Now trying to figure out how garage door could have been opened without breaking it. Door opener is Craftsman circa 1997.

I thought that Triumph offered a GPS tracker for the bike, and was about to order it, but I do not see it listed as an option for the R3.

You sure it's not 2 contacts to open, 2 contacts to close?
No idea, like I said in original post I'm naive about electrons n' stuff. Was puzzling about why a switch might want 4 contacts though...

Does your garage door opener have a chain that you pull to disconnect the door from the mechanism? If it does they can be disconnected by inserting a coat hanger or similar wire at the top of the closed garage door from the outside to hook on to the chain and disconnect it, then they can just lift up the door. Most dirty, stinking, lowlife crooks know this.
Was your garage door disconnected from the track?

Does your garage door opener have a chain that you pull to disconnect the door from the mechanism? If it does they can be disconnected by inserting a coat hanger or similar wire at the top of the closed garage door from the outside to hook on to the chain and disconnect it, then they can just lift up the door. Most dirty, stinking, lowlife crooks know this.
Was your garage door disconnected from the track?
It was not disconnected from the track. There was however, a remote keypad outside the garage that I could never get to work. Perhaps said lowlife was able to get it to work. I just removed that remote and have been "deadbolting" the garage at night. I now understand the importance of locking the steering every time I get off the bike as well. Live and learn.

Maybe not the same as a tracker but.....years ago I would buy $10 disks from flebay that were made to track a wandering dog.it clipped onto their collar, and you could track with a cell phone.....a cheap option?

Any updates on this? I picked one of these up but haven't gotten around to installing it yet. My garage door opener has a very compact circuit board with a captive disc battery. Thinking I'll try to mount mine under the fly-screen and wire to the headlight high beam power. It would take a quick 4 pulls of the brights switch to activate, but I figure that's less annoying to the neighbors than double tapping the horn (especially with my after-market horn).

I added this to the bike. Barely visible, 2 seconds to pair with the garage door opener and no wiring needed. Of course removed the keychain.

IMG_6107.jpg

IMG_6108.jpg

I added this to the bike. Barely visible, 2 seconds to pair with the garage door opener and no wiring needed. Of course removed the keychain.

That is very nice mounting and an easy solution. But such a bike as this deserves a batmobile-like switch that allows you to open the bat cave without removing your hands from the grips methinks.

On another note, are those aftermarket turn signals, or euro-style? Mine were more ovoid than round, but I switched them for Wunderkind ones (causing further delay in this project).

Back