AutoSwitch garage door opener installation

Art

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 R Black
I'd like to install this on my 2022 rocket. Autoswitch Model AS7G

It can be wired into "the high beam wire, or the brake bulb wire or any wire that gets 12Volts when an existing button (for some other use) is activated." My most ideal installation would be the high beam button, triggered with 2 quick pulses. But if that involves excessive digging through a wire harness, I'm out.

Has anyone installed this or have any ideas about which wire would be the easiest to get to for someone with only modest mechanical skills?

I like the looks of this. Not exactly plug and play, but I think worth it to not have to be digging through my pockets for the garage remote every time I get home. I like the option of the long (>1.2s) hold on the high-beam for activation. Please keep us update on what you decide.

My neighbor has his harley horn power wired into his garage door opener.,,2 beeps....My other neighbor thought it was poor manners of him to blow his horn....to make his wife run to push the garage door button in his house....LOL

Hell, if you still have to have the opener on the bike somewhere, why not just find a place to mount it?

Hell, if you still have to have the opener on the bike somewhere, why not just find a place to mount it?
I certainly wouldn't want an ugly garage door opener clipped to my bars. Not to mention the risk of it getting stolen and then someone following you home.

I have a "Flash to Pass" garage door opener on my Touring. I pulled the pins out of the headlamp socket and wired it in there. Sender mounted in a project box from Radio Shack under triple tree where original horn was.

You need to wire the switch into something easy to use when clutch pulled in but not likely to be used when leaving (like brake light)

Already have this unit, so I’m starting prep of the garage door remote. Kind of an electrical dunce though. Here is the first step, Linked here
  1. Set the VOM to continuity, hopefully it has a beeper besides the display screen. Use the probes to locate on the back of the pushbutton, back side of board, the 2 or 4 points the button is attached to. Contact 2 at a time while pushing the button in and out until you discover your VOM seeing continuity whenever button is pressed.

My voltmeter does not have a continuity setting, just a few settings on the dial for resistance and for VDC and VAC. I am thinking I can use the resistance setting instead of continuity. Is this correct?

The switch on the remote that I am trying to wire into has 4 contacts. When I connect the leads from the meter, set on resistance, it triggers the garage remote. Maybe I should set the meter on low DC V and see which 2 contacts flow electricity when the button is pressed. Wouldn’t this be the same as checking continuity in this context ?

Back