Are you sitting comfortably?

What is the most comfortable over distance?

• Total voters
The gel seat stinks, it's so thin I can feel the heat coming off of the engine. I think the Classic seat is fine for the rider but not worht a crap for the pillion.

The gel seat stinks, it's so thin I can feel the heat coming off of the engine. I think the Classic seat is fine for the rider but not worht a crap for the pillion.

I don't have a pillion problem. Maybe occasional hemorrhoids but that's it. My wife don't ride with me only infrequently and when she does, it's in the sidecar anyway.

This new computer is a pisser.

Early on I wasn't happy with the Classic. I got a gel pad (with imitation sheep skin cover), but used it very very little up until the Nashville Raid. Enroute, with Molinoman, scot in exile, and Josef, we went about 100 miles before I had to pull over and put the pad in the saddle bag. My ass was burning up. It seemed to be absorbing every bit of engine heat. The relief was immediate. I've found that the Classic has become much more comfortable with time. I've been told that the gel pad can be refrigerated a bit, you don't want it too cold or it'll be sucking out the 'roids.

New computer is a "pisser", is that a good thing. Now pisser clams are a good thing.

Last edited:
So far so good, maybe

Rocky:

I'm a little more comfortable with the Vista OS and all the 98 peripherals loaded no problem which I was a little worried about. Vista does do some strange things compared to 98 and I can see why the Fed is staying away from Vista. I guess, if the Vista becomes troublesome I can wipe the HD clean and load the 98 OS. It has some good features and some features that I think were dreamed up in a dark, damp basement.:D

It will always be a pisser compared to 98, but then my first Intel machine was a pisser compared to my twin floppy 64K Kaypro PC. Back then a hard drive was asphalt, not gravel. Come to think of it, no one except the gummit knew what 128.8 was.

Flip... 98 has been dropped by Microsoft and no longer supports it. 98 was replaced years ago by XP, which they still sell and support. Why would you mess with 98? I guess you could get 3.1.

You are right, as usual.

Tom:

I meant XP. I still have an old unit (like the one you had in your garage on the bench) that has 98 on it. I'm having a momentary memory lapse or a geriatric moment. I got a little nostalgic and Goggled up Kaypro Computers.

Seems as though Kaypro (Non linear Instruments, Inc.) went tits up a few years back. I had one of their twin drive CP/M 64K machines with the little green screen monitor and 2 DS/DD 5.5" floppy drives. I think I still have a couple of boxes of those in the attic. It ran Micro-Pro Wordstar and Super Calc 3 but you needed a math co-processor. The modem was external, dial up and the printer was an Epson 9 pin dot matrix. With the price of ink cartridges, sometimes I wish I still had the Epson. If I remember correctly, it had a tractor feed and ran fan-fold paper.....Those were the days.

I can just imagine trying to load the drivers for the Epson on these new computers.....

I have a Corbin dual touring seat and while it's OK for around town, I wouldn't recommend it for long distance. My seat is really smooth and I'm always pushing myself back into it. It's also hard. Corbin says this is the best support but I don't have much padding down there. From what I've learned the Russell looks like the most comfortable seat out there.

Years ago, when I had my potato bike I bought a 2'x3' dyed genuine sheepskin that I just threw over the seat when I rode. It made a big difference posterior wise. All this talk about seats prompted me to go look for it but I fear the cats have since chewed it up as I can't find it anywhere. Jack, would you be so kind as to send me one? I hear you are at one with sheep.:D

Back