Apology and a problem.

Buzzo

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Roadster
G’day All.

First the apology... It was quite rightly brought to my attention a little while back that I don’t contribute much to the forum, only when I have a problem. It wasn’t being rude, it’s a fact. From my side, I work at sea for some periods of the year but when working ashore drop in regularly and check out what everyone is up to. I’m a handyman mechanic so that counts out any technical stuff. Anyway, enough of the that, another problem....

My last 07 rocket had the same trait as my 11 Roadster. It would occasionally backfire that can be felt through the seat while blipping the throttle usually from second to first gear. The Roadster yesterday with the new girlfriend that’s new to riding decided to be be a bastard and cut out completely after a little backfire coming up to a crosswalk. It wouldn’t turn over on the starter and I had to push it off the road ( with a line of cars backed up and a cafe strip watching, the shame) where after a short period of trying everything I knew from the clutch lever, moving the kick stand and key on and off it started and ran perfectly. I’ve googled the problem and see some have advised to check the throttle bodies air intake rubbers for the backfire. Are there any ideas on where I should look for a reason that it would stall and not re start. From memory the gauges swept but the starter was dead.

Cheers

Back