Anyone ever mounted a Triumph Top Box T2356395 on an R3T?

I was curious if anyone had ever considered or mounted this Top Box to their Rocket III Touring. Very pricey (but stylish) considering you have to buy the lid of your choice, the back pad and the mount separately. It looks like a nice unit. See the related products at the bottom of link as well .

Triumph Sprint GT/Trophy SE Coverless Top Box T2356395

I tried once. It worked better when I closed the lid on a ripe melon ;)

Sometimes when i travel like this week up to top of the rockies get together in paonia colorado. I use soft luggage. It easily pops on and off depending on mood or look i want. That top bag can hold a fullface if needed.

Attachments

• 20170422_103623.jpg
    20170422_103623.jpg
    283.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20170422_103702.jpg
    20170422_103702.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 16
Not that simple on a Touring. The posts for the back rest actually have the threads for retaining both the backrest and the rack. Without the backrest, there is nothing to hold the bolts.

I went to Lowes and purchased nuts and washers I was able to handle inside the stubs and put the OEM bolts back in to hold just the rack.

Not that simple on a Touring. The posts for the back rest actually have the threads for retaining both the backrest and the rack. Without the backrest, there is nothing to hold the bolts.

I went to Lowes and purchased nuts and washers I was able to handle inside the stubs and put the OEM bolts back in to hold just the rack.

Thanks - this was very helpful.

Did anyone install the SH58X on the R3T or R3T? I have the Triumph Sissy bar rack and am looking for a way to install the SH58X on the rack.
Check these guys out-
Universal | Product Categories | Back Road Equipment LLC
I just took delivery on one of their units, it’s top quality stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
No photo or link @Mad Dog .
-MIG
I have deleted the link you posted, as the link was a file download, which is almost universally a bad idea.

Do the folks not have a website like most companies, where interested folks may first explore, and THEN decide if they are interested enough to trust a file download ?

Alternatively, we have the Resource forum now, where conceivably you could post the file with an explanation that it is a file for download, and the unique reason why you're posting a file rather than a link to the site.

Make sense ?

I just went to their site, and what an odd site design. I don't think I've seen anything like it, where most of the links result in a file download with no warning, and no explanation.

What makes it so odd, is this is *exactly* how spearfishing works -- sending someone a link that convinces people to click, and the resulting download is an executable that allows the perpetrator (Chinese, Russian hackers, for example among many) to take over the system -- either offensively such as the dreaded ransomware (a system is locked with a message that the owner must send money to a place in order to receive the unlock code) or covertly, where the system is used unknown to the owner by the perpetrator as a misatributable hop point for computer network exploitation (CNE) attacks downstream.

Even the "Ask a question" link results in a file download. How bizarre.

I see that their primary contact mode is via Facebook.

Since their site is so hard to navigate, and you've obviously done it, it might be helpful for you to post photos, and a description of what is offered, the specific item you ordered and why, and any interactions you had with the seller that would be helpful to a prospective Rocket owner buyer, complete with order instructions.

If I were doing it, not knowing about you, I would message them via Facebook and ask 'Wazzup?'

It's backroadequipment.com if you want to risk it. I’ve talked to him on the phone a couple of times and been all over the website in the last 2 weeks, no harm that I can tell. The website is kinda screwed up, but I got the screenshots attached from there to give you an idea.
His work is top notch, and is much better at machine work and fabrication than he is hacking.

Steve, at Backroad Equipment LLC provided this information:

The unit installed on the R3 is their Universal Slider Rack 13" x 13"

He is most happy to help with questions, and may be reached at: 715 781 4397

1F032777-C3C2-4604-B32F-88F545AEF355.jpeg
D5CDA5C5-B40E-4DD4-B755-7F8C6F80B400.jpeg
7AB7198D-C968-4C9F-85E3-BBF47AABB022.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back