Anyone ever mounted a Triumph Top Box T2356395 on an R3T?

i have the trophy case and liner in blue if your interested!! locking cylinder is keyed for my trophy though.
you might have to chg out.

Like this?
ride6.JPG
Yes, where do I get one and what's it called?

Buying SHAD in North America can be a challenge -- it *IS* possible.

A while back on the now defunct Honda CB250 Nighthawk Yahoo group, someone in a similar situation as @barbagris said that SHAD made a case for that bike.

The issue then was not so much the case -- cases can be had all day long from all kinds of places. The big selling point for SHAD for me, was they sold a mount.

It became an adventure.

I went to the SHAD dealer map (they show 77 dealers currently in the US -- including Hawaii) and started calling them starting the closest and expanding from there.

Eventually, I found a place with the right kind of parts guy, willing to be part of the adventure.

Me, "I'm looking for a SHAD case and adapter for . . . "
Parts, "What ? Who ? Never heard of them."
Me, "Their dealer map has your location and number on it, so I'm calling you."
Parts, "Really ? Hang on. [can hear him in the background - 'Have you heard of these people ? Where do we keep the old parts books?' -- he returns.]
"O.k. I guess we are on their list. We don't stock anything here. Let me make some phone calls, and I'll call you back."

A couple hours went by, and he did call. He said the distributor was "some guy in Miami" and he would place the order for me, and see what happened.

A few weeks later, I received the hardware at my house, and that case is excellent quality as is the mount, and serves on the back of the Nighthawk to this day.

I'm intrigued. I would like to obtain one.

And like others on here who have adapted cases to their bikes thanks to their creativity, ingenuity, and actual mechanical skills in which I'm woefully lacking, with enough energy and time, anything can be put on the Rocket.

If anyone is interested in a group buy (this would get more attention from both dealer and SHAD, I'm sure) I would be interested in doing it.

Perhaps @bedifferent or someone else would be willing to look at a mount (really, a vertical brace to reinforce the aft half of the box) ?

Alright Rocket riders who like cases to carry stuff, these are the fitment options shown in the SHAD catalog for Triumph:

Given this (or 'universal'?), what is the least difficult path to get the SH58X on a Rocket ?

TRIUMPH
(model) (SHAD fit kit)
TIGER 800/800 XC (11-16) T0TG81ST
SPRINT GT 1050 (11-13) *T0SP10ST
TIGER SPORT 1050 (13-16) T0TG13ST
TIGER EXPLORER 1200 (12-16) Fits Directly

And @barbagris , I wonder if you might check locally if they (SHAD) would make a red cover for it -- the catalog shows the 58X has their 'color system' - if following the pattern of their other part numbers, it would be D1B58E09 ?

And @barbagris , I wonder if you might check locally if they (SHAD) would make a red cover for it -- the catalog shows the 58X has their 'color system' - if following the pattern of their other part numbers, it would be D1B58E09 ?
To date NO RED. If it were me I'd just get any color you can and spray the panel to match. Right now the only one available here (with ease) is the "carbon" one.

I would MAKE a support frame to attach the supplied baseplate to the Triumph rack. Ali or Stainless Steel. Big Flat Ali plate would be easiest.

Last edited:
Yes, where do I get one and what's it called?
That is a 55 litre Givi top box mounted on a universal Givi mount, bolted to the standard Rocket III luggage rack with the backrest removed. I picked it up cheap on a local buy/sell site and I think with the quick release and light options it retails for about $600.

That is a 55 litre Givi top box mounted on a universal Givi mount, bolted to the standard Rocket III luggage rack with the backrest removed. I picked it up cheap on a local buy/sell site and I think with the quick release and light options it retails for about $600.

How does one go about removing the back rest while retaining the rack?

Back