Anti-Lock Brakes

Sidecar Flip said:
What I miss most is the kicker.

Wouldn't it be cool if you woke up one day and found a kick starter on your Rocket and no button for electric start?

Geez... do you have a death wish??? If that baby kicked back it would snap your leg off at the knee..:eek:

Toystoretom said:
Geez... do you have a death wish??? If that baby kicked back it would snap your leg off at the knee..:eek:

Tom:

I'm dissapointed in you. Where is your sense of adventure. I always thought Triumphs were sissyfied with their long kickstart lever. I could actually start my T120 with my hand. Norton's on the other hand had short kickers just like Velocett's. You had a procedure and you never varied from it. To alter the procedure was to experience a sore ankle or a trip over the bars. Remember the Beemers with their pedal starter and early HD's literally had a bicycle pedal. If the R3 had a kickstart lever, I'm sure it would be engineered with enough multiplication to get the job done.

Years ago, I had a 1941 IH Farmall A that had 6 volt electrics and starter but the system was weak and you had to hand crank it. It had a magneto and it was an over center procedure or you'd break your arm or punch yourself in the mouth as the crank spun backwards.

What would happen if the starter on the R3 went south?? Bump start it? That's a big bike to bump start. Think if it had a kickstarter. You'd not need that big battery so there would be more room under the seat for other things.:D

Jumper cables baby :roll:...

I've had two Norton Commandos, one of them kicked back so violently it made my toes touch my shin. I do believe Pig9r saw that bike before I traded it in. It was a runner.

Hey Flip, what is the difference between a Hoover vacuum cleaner and a Harley Davidson? The location of the dirtbag.

No Rockets are available with antilock brakes and the cost to convert would be extreme.

Toystoretom said:
Jumper cables baby :roll:...

I've had two Norton Commandos, one of them kicked back so violently it made my toes touch my shin. I do believe Pig9r saw that bike before I traded it in. It was a runner.

That's compression coupled with an ancient ignition system baby. Besides, Norton had a death wish kickstarter.:D Jumper cables......sounds like a female answer to a male problem. Better procedure. Bump start. Just don't drop it. The R3 just begs for a BMW style starter pedal.

ValknRocket said:
Hey Flip, what is the difference between a Hoover vacuum cleaner and a Harley Davidson? The location of the dirtbag.

No Rockets are available with antilock brakes and the cost to convert would be extreme.

That's the distasteful joke I couldn't remember or tried to forget.

You are fron Cleveland I see. I grew up there. Had to get out of town on the advice of my attorney. Mommies are gawd there. Daddies are scum. Haven't been back in over 25 years and don't plan on visiting anytime soon.:D Just driving by on the OTPK gives me tremors.

[ Somehow I picture Goldbling riders as overweight baby boomers with so little mechanical ability, it's beyond them to even know how to change the oil let alone where the drain plug is at.]

But you never saw a Goldwinger suffer from Anorexia:D

Back