Another clutch rebuild and story

Yea thanks for the info! My lifter shaft/rod whatever you want to call it looks great! Has nice square edges with no coloration. Hopefully putting it all back together is easy. Im just worried about lining the lifter shaft with the lifter correctly. I do remember how if felt before i took it apart. Hopefully i can get it back that way. Before it had tension half a turn away from the lifter. But will that half a turn of tension put to much force on the lifter and not allow the clutch to fully engage? Or should the tension only strat as soon as the clutch is pulled.... hmmm? Allowing the lifter to truly float when the clutch is fully engaged...???
That half turn as you scoop the lifter piece head up will ne the right tension. Its not much just keeps the lifter shaft and piece free after the proper 2 to 3 mm free pkay is set on the cable. Don't worry if you do not scoop the head up you will not get the cover seated. Its easy drink two beers hold cover up close and use your right hand first finger and thumb at the splines to spin the shaft and scoop up the head. I use grease to stick the gasket to the case. You can also use permatex but it is not needed. Its really easy try it a few times without the gasket. You'll get the feel. The holding your face straight is humor

Well guys im just shy of a 200 mile update! So far and im very impressed. I used MTC fibers barnet springs and OEM steels that i had wet sanded with 320 grit on a flat surface. The clutch feels very good. Im happy with how it shifts neutral is finally easy to find! And the 2nd gear clunk that i thought was normal since mile 1 is now gone. All gears are now a very nice click with positive feedback. Meaning it doesnt sound like its breaking somthing and the the shifts feel very “secure”. The bike will also now pull a wheelie in first with a full tank of gas. Thats just by twisting the throttle at about 2500 rpm. It has never done that before and i was rather impressed. Its makes me wonder if the stock clutch wasnt right since day one? Im very happy with it and i would recommend what i did to anybody!

Back