Am I the oldest Rocket Rider?

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I reside in the beautiful State of Virginia midway between Richmond and Washington DC. I have owned my red R/3 for almost year having stepped up from a T-100. I also have three old vintage British girls in my garage who mark their territory with good old 40 weight. (I've been looking for the compression release and mag advance on my R/3 but had no luck so far.) I am running Jardines and a Power Commander on my R/3 and I have already decided I will always own a Rocket. GREAT BIKE and at 58 I have owned and ridden just about everything. Great web site and I wll be checking in frequently.

Hello Britman

britman said:
I reside in the beautiful State of Virginia midway between Richmond and Washington DC. I have owned my red R/3 for almost year having stepped up from a T-100. I also have three old vintage British girls in my garage who mark their territory with good old 40 weight. (I've been looking for the compression release and mag advance on my R/3 but had no luck so far.) I am running Jardines and a Power Commander on my R/3 and I have already decided I will always own a Rocket. GREAT BIKE and at 58 I have owned and ridden just about everything. Great web site and I wll be checking in frequently.

I own a Rocket III and I'm 62. Still, you might be older than me.:rolleyes:

Good to see ya Britman.Not sure of what you're looking for but hope you find it.Know how finiky your girls can be.Put a battery eliminator on my 70' Trophy just to quit the quirky Lucas shuffle.After 10 yrs.and 3 rebuilds,somebody in LA clipped it from me.That was 25yrs ago and got the R3 in June this yr.Looks like the lovebugs are back so it will be slow going for a while.

The grim reaper rides a Harley!

I will use a quote from Hondax and add my own version: Every once in a while ride your R3 like you stole it with a 30 year old on the back and when you get off, 58 will be meaningless.

Eureka

Britman...... You're not even close on age. I thought I won the prize at 61 but I decided to go through the calendar and check everyone's age. Geez......there's guys in the mid 60's. Finally I'm in a group where somebody can call me "KID".

I liked Robin Williams line, " It's okay to mature........just don't completely grow up". No matter what the ailment is, getting on the beast makes me feel like I'm eighteen again.

Glad to have you with us and ride safe.

So Young!

It is comforting to see there are so many old guys in this forum. I have always found that the old riders have wonderful experiences, advice and knowledge to share with youngsters. I turned 55 the end of last month, so I must be at least a couple of decades younger than many of you. Math confuses me, but I think I am right!:D

As the old tired saying goes...

You're only as old as the woman you feel....:D

Welcome!!!!

South Africa Calling

Just took delivery of an 07 R3, having also traded in a T100.
What an awsome machine this is! Gonna take a little time to get used to it. There is talk of the new 07 colours. Mine is the mulberry red WITHOUT the tribal design.

Back