I agree Mitch but there's one thing that looks more ridiculous and that's a pirate with fingerless gloves. I fail to see the use in wearing fingerless gloves your not homeless are you? As for the pirate suit I take it they think they look like a real bikie. I have news for them they don't they look like someone dressed as a pirate on his way to his 4th birthday party at Macca's or a Wiggle's concert. My kids were young once and I think there's still the remains of a pirate suit somewere. A really good one with a sword a hook and an eye patch. I might see if I can dig it out and go for a ride.
Seriously have a look at your local (real bikies) not a pirate suit for miles least not down here.
Fingerless gloves??? god help us.

No offence intended to any Rocket riding pirates.

...and, don't know if it's the same on the east coast, the patched guys 'round here are more likely to be wearing Armani or Calvin Klein gear unless they're on a club run.

Hey! I resemble that! I wear fingerless gloves so I can punch in numbers and stuff on my GPS.
I got a good excuse!:D

I was thinking about this the other day. They may regular gloves with a touch pad capability, where are the bike gloves with that feature?

bob

Just wondering how you feel about cagers who fiddle with their GPS or phones while driving. :(

I dont know wounder how they like it when I text and talk when riding the bike lol

on another note was at a Honda dealer yesterday and they had a tour-master kelvlier jacket 4 pice rain and winter and summer summer is the mesh my size was 389.00 got it for 168.0 I have to say I like it thought it would be hot but it was not it was 92 here yesterday and I wear it and it was not bad oh **** the gear guys are rubbing of on me next they will get me in a full face then bubble rap :eek:

I always thought a poser is like a Hodad i.e. buys a bike, dresses like a biker, but never actually rides or only rides a few miles per year.

There has been a lot talk on this thread about protective gear, but nothing at all about protective accessories on the bike like good engine guards and saddlebags that can take a tip over such as Leatherlykes. I have dropped my bike with sneakers on with no problem because the engine guards and saddle bags kept the bike off my foot and leg. I ride with sneakers and no gloves frequently in the summer. But I accept the added risk.

Sh*t the worst injury of my life was when I passed out due to dehydration because of the flu and cracked my skull on the kitchen floor. It took eight staples to patch me up. I wasn't wearing a helmet.

I did wear a helmet in the house once when I knew I was about to pass a kidney stone through my *****and was worried the pain would be so bad I would pass out. Fortunately it was not that bad. The doc said that the *****passageway is bigger than through the kidneys (well...for most guys anyway ;)) and that is why it didn't hurt much. It hurt like hell when it passed through the kidneys though.....until Ms Morphine came along.....she is so kind and compassionate.

I do wear a full face modular helmet all the time when riding though, and for more than just safety. I like being able to shut out the wind (and rain) when necessary. But the helmet protects you more than just in a crash, I have hit birds head on and in one particular case a very large magpie which almost coldcocked me even with the helmet on.

I dont know wounder how they like it when I text and talk when riding the bike lol

on another note was at a Honda dealer yesterday and they had a tour-master kelvlier jacket 4 pice rain and winter and summer summer is the mesh my size was 389.00 got it for 168.0 I have to say I like it thought it would be hot but it was not it was 92 here yesterday and I wear it and it was not bad oh **** the gear guys are rubbing of on me next they will get me in a full face then bubble rap :eek:
that would be a good idea

I came out of the store on the Indian reservation from getting cigarettes, a guy waiting in a car parked next to my bike said "nice bike, that looks even better than a Harley". I said that's because it is better than a Harley. First time I got that comment from anyone.

I had to take a detour sunday while riding because the initial road was closed. That was ok but I got behind about 15 Harley riders in which they was in a club. They all had on vests with their club name at the top on the back of the vests a cross in the middle and "Jesus Saves" at the bottom. After a little while riding behind them on curvy mountain roads I noticed how dangerous they was riding together. I have never seen anything like it. They was in a straight line most of the time and they was following each other extremely to close. I am serious when I say close because I thought there front tires was going to touch the back of the lead rider in front of them. I fell back after I saw this. Then noticed they had this long "rope" hanging from their handle bars on the left side. I mean the rope was almost touching the ground. I was like "WTF is that for?" They had jeans and boots but no helmets. If these people owned Hondas I believe they would all drive the same and have ropes hanging from their handle bars. What I'm saying is posers don't know how to dress properly and ride properly. I ride with Triumph riders and have never seen us ride as close and dangerous as these folks was doing. One guy must have broke down because he came to a stop on the right side of the road. One by one everyone wanted to turn around and go check on there buddy. I have never seen such unorganized behavior as that. After they all finally decided to pull over I dropped mine down a gear and blasted on by shaking my head.

Now on the proper attire. My motto is "Dress for the slide not the ride!" If you ever had your foot crushed by a falling motorcycle which would be better to have on your foot? A motorcycle boot or sneaker? How about a pair of gloves where the ring finger is sewn together to the pinky with a piece of leather. This keeps your pinky from rolling back during impact. Grab your pinky and pull it back until it's uncomfortable then imagine if your pinky goes back even further how would that feel?

I wear race boots, pants with armor, leather jacket with armor, race gloves, and full face race helmet. Maybe I'm paranoid but I like to keep my skin where it is now and my bones in one piece. I realize that all this isn't going to help all the time but I've got a better chance of not getting hurt as bad. I wrecked my sportbike I once had and if I didn't have all the armor on I would have gotten hurt. My helmet smacked the ground as I went down over the handle bars. I landed on my back in which the jacket I had on had back protection. So it really doesn't hurt to go overboard on riding gear.
I

Back