I'm ATGATT. All the gear all the time and Im not saying that because I believe everyone should adopt that School of thought, just me, my choice, for my reasons. I don't judge people who wear all the gear or those who sport muscle shirts and flip flops. I know why I wear what I wear and there are enough stories to support the argument. I'm glad to see the OP has decided that good riding boots may be required, it's not hard to listen to reason and a lot of good advice. It's hard to reason with people who want to ride like the wind......or.....live free or die....really? Sounds like a motto for a bad Tatoo, I'm not trying to be sarcastic but I didn't think people spoke like that anymore, LMAO, sorry I digress, I believe the quote to each his own is bang on. I also agree with mully95's last statement, the gear doesn't affect the ride, if that how you like to ride. It doesn't affect my ride and I also have a convertible, I'd rather be in full gear on my bike. As for being a poser, who cares, do what you like, wear what you like if it makes you feel good. It's your choice. I have a vest:eek: covered in badges:rolleyes:, sunglasses (not chrome):cool: if I'm a poser i don't know what as, maybe a 230 pound blond walrus covered in black leather wearing black shades with a vest ordained in whatever I decided to sew on it at the time:confused:....oh ya and a full face helmet:D....picture that! lol...With that said if you ask for advice and or opinions as to why you should wear protective gear and you choose not to, don't complain when, as mentioned in an earlier post, your luck runs out and your suffering while your skin grows back. Just as I won't judge those who ride without, I won't have any sympathy either. Not trying to ruffle feathers here (my stab at an analogy):), just my opinion.
Cheers and safe riding! What ever that means to you.:)

The bad thing if you chose not to wear your gear is that if you have an accident more than likely you will not be the one suffering, it will be your family, if you are lucky enough to have insurance and are financially secure you are ok, if you are not like most of us, you are in trouble, my nephew was constantly reminded to wear his helmet and jacket, his answer was "it is my life, if i fall it will be me not you".
wen he fell his family went thru hell and back to save his life, had to borrow a loooot of money, that more than likely wont be able to pay and will lose the house and everything they own,,, just another point of view:)

You don't even know how to post correctly on a forum without double posting so I wouldn't expect you to do the intelligent thing and wear gear.

If you really ride like you say you ride at high speeds then one of these days your luck will run out. You've been lucky thats all. Nothing to do about wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt you just been riding around on luck. And when it does run out maybe you won't leave most of your skin, face, jaw laying out on the road and your cracked skull won't be life threatening.

Also wearing my layers of protection and a full face helmet doesn't have any effect of how I feel on a motorcycle.

Well spoken Mully!

Back