Air Intake Mods

habegaad

Standard Bore
Recently my son trashed my rocket and I'm taking the opportunity to do some upgrades at the same time I'm doing the repairs. Has anyone got the goods on how to do the K&N external filters on the throttle bodies, including a picture or template of the bear claw mod? I know that some one posted it on the other site but I can't find it. I am looking for the full explanation of the modification and the rerouting of the sensor in the plenum etc.
Thanks,
Ben

You need aroundtuit...

I've seen it on the "other site", it's listed as a seperate thread. I'm not a member there.

If my son trashed my R3, well, I believe I'd give him a who see whats it, a what for and a maybe how are ya. At the very least, I'd thump his bump.:)

K&N filters

Toystoretom said:
Go to this thread and twords the end of it read about the RU-1700's...

http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=187

These filters fit without any mods to the Bearclaw...
There was this big discussion by MiamiDave about the K&N 2780 and I thought he said they didn't pass enough air. I asked about the RU-1700 but haven't seen a reply.

I guess a good question is whether the RU-1700's give you as much air as the red Unifilters without the inconvenience of exploding.

I think the 1700's would have to flow better than the underseat snorkels to paper filter to intake route. Maybe even better than the uni's because the cells seemed to be pretty compressed on the uni's once the bearclaw is fitted. I will be trying the 1700 set up in a few weeks and plan on posting photos in the custom mods section. As far as mods posted else where I am from the Show-Me state so someone will have to show me that adding a gutter spout to your intake improves HP.

Pig9r said:
I think the 1700's would have to flow better than the underseat snorkels to paper filter to intake route. Maybe even better than the uni's because the cells seemed to be pretty compressed on the uni's once the bearclaw is fitted. I will be trying the 1700 set up in a few weeks and plan on posting photos in the custom mods section. As far as mods posted else where I am from the Show-Me state so someone will have to show me that adding a gutter spout to your intake improves HP.

Piggr:

What is a "gutter spout"?? Is it available at Lowes or Home Depot?:rolleyes:

i started out with the stock air box then installed the unifilters now i run the k&n 1700's.
the 1700's are a huge improvement over stock. the uni's did breathe a little better than the 1700's but not enough to make it worth the risk of fire.

Sewer pipe works just as well..:roll:

I think I'd rather just go for a ride than try and turn my bike into a Loooooooooooo...

I will stick to the uni filters , bike runs great and am not worried by 1 persons mishap , when there are many more running on them with no problems .

Back