I need some options for a mate here.
They are organising an indoor Flat Track exhibition type thing at a bike show in a couple of weeks and are looking for a way to announce it. Flat-Track would be wrong as it is being done inside on polished concrete.
I have so far come up with Urban-Track and Tough-Track. I've been at it a whole 2 hours including my ride home.
Fire away.

From Motorcyclist Magazine:
“I’ve seen stuff that I had no idea existed,” he says. “Like the Isle of Man sidecars.”
Resembling experimental bobsleds, the two-man rigs represent the barrel-chested roadracing scene’s apex of hairiness. To watch them sail up the hill is to marvel at the skill and daring of the “monkey,” hanging on and off every which way.
That current GP stars have rediscovered flat track’s applicability to pavement has only been good for the sport’s profile, Mees says.

• Retro Man
    Barry Sheene’s Last Ride
    Retro Man: Racing with the greats at Goodwood.
    Racing against world champions Freddie Spencer, Wayne Gardner and Barry Sheene at the 2002 Goodwood Revival on an original G50 Matchless tops the "epic moments" list.
“It definitely helps having guys like Marc Marquez, Valentino Rossi, and Nicky Hayden showcase flat track in their training.”

A low hum rises as 18 men and women straddle their machines.
Engines snarl as tense hands grip the throttles.
For a moment everything is still—the crowd, the racers, and the dust.

Then the green flag waves and the bikes erupt in a fury.
The collective engine thunderclap rattles my ribcage.
Riders lean forward in defiance of inertia.
In a heartbeat, they are gone, off like a pack of wild hyenas in a deluge of din and dust.

Riders jockey for position with reckless abandon as they enter the first turn inches away from one another.
The 300-pound bikes hurtle sideways into a slide along the dirt to control their speed, handlebars nearly touching.
One slip-up spells catastrophe, but if the riders execute the maneuver, it's a beautiful balance between human, machine, and physics.
By Michael C. Wilson

Some Geeky trivia about that Rollerball movie made in 1975 - Feelin' old guys
clip_image002.png
clip_image003.png

This movie is set in the year 2018.

Shirt numbers 1-3 for each side are reserved only for the motorbike riders. (Skill counts!
clip_image005.png
)

Asked what the movie was about, James Caan reportedly answered, "It's about ninety minutes."

Many of the extras received an additional wage in order to cut their fashionably long hair, so the look of the movie would not be tied to the era in which it was produced. - We know @Rocket Scientist wasn't one of them!
clip_image006.png
clip_image008.png
;):D

The game of Rollerball was so realistic, the cast, extras, and stunt personnel played it between takes on the set.

The laser pistol that a drunken party guest used to incinerate pine trees during the big corporate soirée, was actually a Ruger Standard .22 caliber target pistol introduced by the Ruger firearms company in 1949. The weapon used in the movie has an elaborately modified barrel to make it look more like a futuristic laser gun.

The bit you have all been waiting for -

The motorcycle used is the Honda CB 125, air cooled, four-cycle engine, modified with steel plates and a tow bar.

Back