Aftermarket oil filters.

I know the "oil" can go longer than a normal service interval, but what about the life of the addative package and the contamination that gets in it from combustion ? What does the analysis say about those ?

I would think the two screens in the bottom of the sump would catch 95% of the metal. Those screens don't let a lot by from my understanding. I've seen the screens in person I can vouch it's not going to let much get through. Whatever got past that would be very hard to determine where it came from is my thinking since the particles would be so small. What would be ideal is a way to clean those screens without removing the sump.

If varsol is not a option what would be used to clean the filter.... gas, purple power?

Been thinking about getting a reusable oil filter but haven't really seen the need to convenience me yet.

Just talking ... not saying you're wrong or anything.
hey ...talking is healthy and your point of view is valid , old habits are hard to let go tis the reason I stick to reusable and if varsol not available just plain gas will do now go for a ride !!

Since the Triumph filters are readily available at modest cost, why not use the Triumph branded filters?

Especially on a 2015 which is probably still on warranty.
Do you believe Truimph makes their own filters? It is kind of like Harley spark plugs which sell for $5.65 a piece.In reality Auto lite makes them and sells the same plug minus the Harley name for $1.65 at any auto parts store. The wix oil filter looks a lot like the original equipment, inside and out.

I know the "oil" can go longer than a normal service interval, but what about the life of the addative package and the contamination that gets in it from combustion ? What does the analysis say about those ?

The analysis gives you a reading of all parameters. Addatives wear out primarily of contamination and my oil is clean all the time, minimal contamination...

Do you believe Truimph makes their own filters? It is kind of like Harley spark plugs which sell for $5.65 a piece.In reality Auto lite makes them and sells the same plug minus the Harley name for $1.65 at any auto parts store. The wix oil filter looks a lot like the original equipment, inside and out.

No, I'm not an idiot. Actually I live within a few miles of one of the major filter manufacturers, and they are not an auto company. They badge stuff however the client wants.

But ... Oil filters are already cheap.

You guys who want to skin the gnat for the tallow just creep me out.

If the manufacturer's filter is available for 12 bucks and you need one every 10,000 miles, why would you be so stingy as to even bother trying to figure out how to get one cheaper?

$12/10000 is very close to a tenth of a penny per mile. How cheap can you get?

No, I'm not an idiot. Actually I live within a few miles of one of the major filter manufacturers, and they are not an auto company. They badge stuff however the client wants.

But ... Oil filters are already cheap.

You guys who want to skin the gnat for the tallow just creep me out.

If the manufacturer's filter is available for 12 bucks and you need one every 10,000 miles, why would you be so stingy as to even bother trying to figure out how to get one cheaper?

$12/10000 is very close to a tenth of a penny per mile. How cheap can you get?
Money is not the issue. Time is. I change my oil every 5,000 miles and purchase my oil and oil filter at O'reilly's auto store here in Henryetta Oklahoma. Mobil 4t and the same oil filter I used in a 2005 bonneville. Wix filters are pretty much known to be one of the best filter's offered. Cheap not, superior product yes.

Since I have 7 bikes and regularly work on at least that many more I get all of my oil and filters through Napa. Both by the case and they deliver them to my shop. Not really about price...more out of convenience. Took a while to get all of the filters cross referenced and ordered, but now I just call up and say "bring me some rocket filters" an Voila! They appear...just like magic don't even have to tell them the part number anymore

Back