Advice on slowly upgrading a low mileage o5 engine to a demonic beast one day?

Rocketeer4life

Built like a rock
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
So my 05 r3 standard engine has a chewed up second gear rattlin round inside but otherwise is still a strong unit, with only 16-17k miles on it. Its out and a 14 roadster unit took its place. Anyone have thoughts of the tedious hastle/ minor cost of crackin into it myself to replace n fix is worth to even do or explore or Is this a perfect reason to now slowly build a pwer block?
No one seems to want to buy one o these engines with slight tranny failure. So if this seems as a good idea in theory, any suggestions to start off with building this thing back up while then open?

So my 05 r3 standard engine has a chewed up second gear rattlin round inside but otherwise is still a strong unit, with only 16-17k miles on it. Its out and a 14 roadster unit took its place. Anyone have thoughts of the tedious hastle/ minor cost of crackin into it myself to replace n fix is worth to even do or explore or Is this a perfect reason to now slowly build a pwer block?
No one seems to want to buy one o these engines with slight tranny failure. So if this seems as a good idea in theory, any suggestions to start off with building this thing back up while then open?

after the 05 there was several changes made
i like (others do not) the chrome valve cover and i think the timing chain and gears r wider.
problem with building an 05 is all the different parts. personally i would not build an 05

i like (others do not) the chrome valve cover and i think the timing chain and gears r wider.
problem with building an 05 is all the different parts. personally i would not build an 05
Well was goona crack it open regardless to replace whatever needs immediate attention in there. N why not from thar point on? Jus upgrade a recall here..lil there. N on track to throwing in/on select upgrades to be determined

Well was goona crack it open regardless to replace whatever needs immediate attention in there. N why not from thar point on? Jus upgrade a recall here..lil there. N on track to throwing in/on select upgrades to be determined

I would see whats wrong with trans then make up my mind if i want to spend that on a spare motor.
dont junk it that valve cover and timing chain and gears should be worth a few bucks.

I would see whats wrong with trans then make up my mind if i want to spend that on a spare motor.
dont junk it that valve cover and timing chain and gears should be worth a few bucks.
Well thanks for some insight. Def woulda never been junkin. If no one wants this opportunity of potential. Meh il jus further poke around on it

you wont be able to do this slowly, the addiction is overwhelming and your family will be plotting an intervention, So, throw caution to the wind and go for it. 😁 (Before they notice youre building a beast)
Haha yeah thats the right spirit brotha! Realistically tho even after replacing whatever outdated oem essentials in there... Been seeing biig numbers for kits. Only really looking to have a meaner bike than a busa in a sense- without goin over board( that sweetspot) plus jus the idea of some sorta turbo or supercharger assisting with pumpin out this power in nice. Lookin real forward to the sound of it
Possibly...lol

Part it out . . . . . BTW I could use a gas tank? o_O

Back