Adapting The Kick Stand

PianoMan

Nitrous
I've had some issues with the kick stand. I attend several bike nights and for some reason the parking lots they have us park in are not level. If the area I'm parking in slopes downward (from left to right) the kick stand keeps the bike from tilting far enough to the left and it ends up leaving the bike almost straight up and down. That makes it too easy to fall over. I'm tired of being the only one that has to pull in forward when everyone else is backing into their place.

Is there a different kick stand that will fit the R3 that might flex a bit more like the ( Oh, do I hate to use this word .....but ) Hardleys?

Any after market kick stands ( short of using the center stand ) that might work. I'd just like it to allow the bike to lean a bit further to the left.

Comments and Ideas appreciated!

I remember one guy on the .com site cut his stand removed a couple of inches and welded it back together, only problem he had on level ground the Rocket leans over quite a bit with the couple of inches missing his bike looked like it was ready to fall over on level ground. I take it for granted that you are turning the wheel all the way to the left when you park?. I will bring a hacksaw and some duct tape to ES and we will work some thing out.;)

Once you get your gel pad for your seat, just set it under the bike and ease the bike over, no worry, if its already laying down it can't fall.:D It is also about the best use I have seen for the gel pad. I have tried them too. I gave mine away.

Piano,I cut an inch and a half outta spikes when I lowered it.You could have someone cut it shorter then just wield a new pad on the end. That was triumphs little trick to make people think It wasen't that heavy when they picked it up off the stand.

Back