A Nice Spring Days Ride with a Difference

HansO

Not Taking Life Too Seriously
Ride
08 Rocket III R.I.P now TEX Triumph Explorer
Went over "The Mistress" yesterday checking every thing is in order for the RDU trip coming up soon.
Being a balmy Spring day I went all out and gave her a wash too then I thought I better go and get a Coffee up the road a bit.
Got to Ulladulla (30 odd km away) and decided it was too nice a day to stop so soon, so kept going on to Wandandian (about 80km from home) there is a bikers coffee shop called the "Garage Cafe" the owner like's to customise R1's but not in the way we are used to seeing them I have included a picture or two, any way while I was there enjoy their great tucker and a mug of half strength flat white coffee.
A small thunderstorm passed over and dropped all of half a dozen drops of rain. after a chat it was time to go home Got Ulladulla and it was just after lunch so I pulled in to "Hayden's Pies" (with out a doubt the best pies on the south coast) and had lunch, well it was about 3pm as left there and in the short 30 km ride home I ran in these little critters
IMG_0669.JPG

they are flying Ants and they come out in search for new nesting sites after a Thunder Storm in Spring this sets off the Bass in the upper reaches of the salt water creeks and they go on the bite so Happy fishing days are here again
and below is the view I got but thankfully due t the big screen I didn't wear them
IMG_0670.JPG

and for those like things a little different heres a couple of pictures of the cafe owners R1 he is planning to fit a turbo to it aswell and he also is in the process of making a cruiser version but I forgot to get a picture of it
IMG_0608.JPG

:whitstling: And Yes that is a Shock Horror............ a :eek: Dark Side :), I told you it was little different what surprised ;) me is he said It handles just fine and he scrapes the pegs regularly and loves it:thumbsup:
IMG_0607.JPG

Last edited:
Cool pics , that DS suits that bike. Funny thing is since i put the DS tire on mine that seems to be the 1st thing people comment about , most think it looks awesome but i do get the " how do you turn corners with that on ? "

Bugger You Craig!!! you'll have every body thinking I have a sweet tooth.... I don't eat Cake All The Time, even if it does go well with a Coffee I only had a Roast Beef roll aaaaaaaaannnnndddd a piece of Rockyroad slice with my coffee at the Coffee stop in Wandandian.

and at Ulladulla...............
Well you see it like this...... Hayden's Pies also make a Macadamia cheesecake slice (to die for) as well which I would normally have with a Coffee but it goes well with an Orange and Mango Juice and my Croc Pie, so there I had something healthy with it!!!!!

and besides I was so busy cleaning and going over the bike in the morning I forgot to have Breaky so I needed to get some energy from somewhere and then I burnt some of it off again having to Wash the Bike again thanks to the bugs and a generous water truck wetting down some roadworks up the road:rolleyes:

Cool pics , that DS suits that bike. Funny thing is since i put the DS tire on mine that seems to be the 1st thing people comment about , most think it looks awesome but i do get the " how do you turn corners with that on ? "
you'll get used to the comments, how are you settling into the Dark Side did you try dropping the extra 2 psi

you'll get used to the comments, how are you settling into the Dark Side did you try dropping the extra 2 psi
Im happy with it at 28 mate , seems to do the job . Im bad at not regulary checking pressures , will have a look tonight when i get home

Bugger You Craig!!! you'll have every body thinking I have a sweet tooth.... I don't eat Cake All The Time, even if it does go well with a Coffee I only had a Roast Beef roll aaaaaaaaannnnndddd a piece of Rockyroad slice with my coffee at the Coffee stop in Wandandian.

and at Ulladulla...............
Well you see it like this...... Hayden's Pies also make a Macadamia cheesecake slice (to die for) as well which I would normally have with a Coffee but it goes well with an Orange and Mango Juice and my Croc Pie, so there I had something healthy with it!!!!!

and besides I was so busy cleaning and going over the bike in the morning I forgot to have Breaky so I needed to get some energy from somewhere and then I burnt some of it off again having to Wash the Bike again thanks to the bugs and a generous water truck wetting down some roadworks up the road:rolleyes:
Hanso I remember some person commenting on the sweet tooth issue.it must have something to do with just about evey second photo taken of you:D:roll::D:roll::laugh:

Back