A little perplexed and curious.

There is a saying doun yer in Debun, " There are old riders and there are bold riders , but there are no old bold riders ! @Paul Bryant would be an exception to that rule . To smoke tyres like that on a sportsbike , least of all an R3 , takes a serious amount of skills , and a very large pair of balls !

@Paul Bryant
I have seen those pegs before! :eek:
They were on my R3R. :D I think they are now on Patricks @albertaduke R3R. :roll:
The Standard boards I installed raised my ground clearance more than a inch and they have long ago ground through and beyond the "feelers". :oops:
If you have not tried the Michelin Road 5 150/70W17 on the front, you are missing out on some serious improvement in the twisties! :thumbsup:

Then of course there is pops , an @1olbull rider ! an even greater exception to the rule . :sneaky:

Gratitude, my son!
I have continued to work on my skills, even as I have aged. I am not near as fast as when in my prime, or even through my 40s. However, I am very grateful to my continued years of efforts that have allowed me to still ride well for my 73 years.

@Paul Bryant
I have seen those pegs before! :eek:
They were on my R3R. :D I think they are now on Patricks @albertaduke R3R. :roll:
The Standard boards I installed raised my ground clearance more than a inch and they have long ago ground through and beyond the "feelers". :oops:
If you have not tried the Michelin Road 5 150/70W17 on the front, you are missing out on some serious improvement in the twisties! :thumbsup:
you are correct.. they are .
BTW I am a convert i will get a road5 when the azzaro is toast. that is if I am still around

I have to agree - - although they are a wee bit lacking in feedback. It does grip better and roll better than the 150/70 Bridgestone I first tried - but that way also be the mounting direction. I was advised NOT to reverse the R5.

you are correct.. they are .
BTW I am a convert i will get a road5 when the azzaro is toast. that is if I am still around

Patrick,
I sure hope you are intending to grace us with your omni presence at the RAA West this summer?!?

I have to agree - - although they are a wee bit lacking in feedback. It does grip better and roll better than the 150/70 Bridgestone I first tried - but that way also be the mounting direction. I was advised NOT to reverse the R5.

Chris,
I would very much like to know what this "advisor" of yours used for a basis of this opinion?

Patrick,
I sure hope you are intending to grace us with your omni presence at the RAA West this summer?!?
I have a situation that require me to be present here at home possibly most of the summer. but if I can I will make the trip
that is the reason why I have not voted on anything about the RAA west

Last edited:
FWIW, Speaking of running rears in front in reverse:
I have had a Pilot Road 2 150/70 17 on the front for a number of years.
I initially had it reversed and felt a distinct squirrely-ness in hard turn in or accelerating hard in a turn.
Had it flipped back and the wiggle disappeared. The Road 5 is waiting to be mounted.

Back