A Little History - .com and .net

I was actually booted from Other Site in June 2010.:eek:

Or maybe I left just before I was unceremoniously booted. You can find the thread by searching "booted."

Hey, I love this site and the stuff I learn from it. But more so, I really enjoy the peeps.

Dat's you, Lupe!:D

But remember that Red Is fastest :rolleyes:
Seriously as warp has already said both site have their strong points and you should join both, I like it better here because I have more fun here but check in at the other site just go see what's happening over there and catch up friends that don't come here

Yeh, guess "BSers" wasn't quite accurate.....

"BE sure of where your info comes from. I subscribed to this forum for 6 months before I contributed. By that time I knew who were the BSers and who were not. I get very irritated at those that do no diagnosis or don't even have an accurate symptom before they post."

Please could you post the Bsers names it would save a lot of us time from reading any post that they would like to write:confused:
A lot of people join forums for bikes ,cars or what ever and have no mechanical knowledge at all so maybe not all but some of the questions are honest questions just saying:D After all what is the old saying --no question is a stupid question-- some may sound stupid to people in the know but still deserve an answer.

I quess my real beef are those that are lazy, occasional users....and when I say USERS I mean that in the true context. Those that take from....but never give back. Unlike some, I tend to use forums as a data bank, and for it to function properly those on it need to treat it as a two-way street. I could give example after example of people who post a question, get some good advice never to be heard from again.....HEY,,,like at least a thankyou to some of you guys that helped them out!!! At least let the rest of us know what worked vs what did not work!! I will be the first to admit that on this forum I have "taken" more than I have "given", but I also don't profess to be a Rocket (or even motorcycle) expert. I also will always get back to the forum with an end result...be it good or bad.
Please don't take my forum negativity personally,,,I think this forum is one of the best that I frequent. I have a couple of automotive forums that really make my blood boil, so probably my previous post was the result of getting pissed off on another forum,,,,sorry guys......you're a great bunch.:D

I quess my real beef are those that are lazy, occasional users....and when I say USERS I mean that in the true context. Those that take from....but never give back. Unlike some, I tend to use forums as a data bank, and for it to function properly those on it need to treat it as a two-way street. I could give example after example of people who post a question, get some good advice never to be heard from again.....HEY,,,like at least a thankyou to some of you guys that helped them out!!! At least let the rest of us know what worked vs what did not work!! I will be the first to admit that on this forum I have "taken" more than I have "given", but I also don't profess to be a Rocket (or even motorcycle) expert. I also will always get back to the forum with an end result...be it good or bad.
Please don't take my forum negativity personally,,,I think this forum is one of the best that I frequent. I have a couple of automotive forums that really make my blood boil, so probably my previous post was the result of getting pissed off on another forum,,,,sorry guys......you're a great bunch.:D

;) Thanks. You just reminded me to post an issue that I had with my radiator. With pics.
Now I need to find the right thread.

I like this site because of the personalities here. In my opinion the other site has too many people with a negative attitude. Thats just me though. Still a member on both.

I found a firearm site for mostly Louisiana people and within the first 30 mins I realized that there is a bunch of racist, LEO hating idiots there but I signed up for the info anyway. I can handle looking over the bad to find some good.

I'm definitely one of the guys that fall into the "taker" category so far, but hope to change that over time. I haven't physically met anyone from the site yet but hope to correct that in MV and with any luck some time before that. Since my BBBB (Big Beautiful Black Beast) is currently undergoing a few modifications (all of which I gleaned from this site or .com) to get ready to ride the sisters in April and MV in May I haven't been able come up with anything to contribute that others haven't thought of yet. I have found a few tidbits on my own but are mainly variations of what has been posted here or .com. I am a member of both but tend to spend most of my time on this site since I prefer to keep the conversation mostly about bikes. There have been a few occasions when my blood pressure got elevated and I couldn't help myself but so far have been treated well on both sites.

I think i need to change my ways, i just pissed off a friend yesterday over a funny comment, he disnt thin it was funny and told me to eff off and erased me from his friends list:(

I'm posting to see my join date..( March 2006 ) lol I've been a member since splitting off from TriumphRat.Net. I picked up my Rocket (MFD July 2004) on Dec 29, 2005. It was a demo at RPM Cycles in Dallas with 123 miles on it. 74K miles later and still going strong. Hopefully I've been able to post somethings that help others. I know I am sure thankful for folks such as Warp and a few others on here who have really dug through these Rockets and have pictures of everything.

Due to inconsistent dealer service departments, information on both sites has been critical to me being able to keep my Rocket running like it still is today. I have a lot of *****es, gripes and complaints posted around here over the years.. threats to sell the Rocket, trade it in.. but in the end, a ride on the Rocket changes my mind.. lol Kind of like a marriage I guess.. lol

I think i need to change my ways, i just pissed off a friend yesterday over a funny comment, he disnt thin it was funny and told me to eff off and erased me from his friends list:(
Man if I had a dollar for every time I opened my mouth and pissed someone off
Unintentionally I'd be a rich man. Mistakes happen It'll work itself out

Back