A Little History - .com and .net

Good stuff! Please add me to that list.:rolleyes:

"As time passes we all get better at blazing a trail through the thicket of advice." - Margot Bennett

Add you to the list??
You have been at the top of it all this time, well almost since im right above you:D

I quess my real beef are those that are lazy, occasional users....and when I say USERS I mean that in the true context. Those that take from....but never give back. Unlike some, I tend to use forums as a data bank, and for it to function properly those on it need to treat it as a two-way street. I could give example after example of people who post a question, get some good advice never to be heard from again.....HEY,,,like at least a thankyou to some of you guys that helped them out!!! At least let the rest of us know what worked vs what did not work!! I will be the first to admit that on this forum I have "taken" more than I have "given", but I also don't profess to be a Rocket (or even motorcycle) expert. I also will always get back to the forum with an end result...be it good or bad.
Please don't take my forum negativity personally,,,I think this forum is one of the best that I frequent. I have a couple of automotive forums that really make my blood boil, so probably my previous post was the result of getting pissed off on another forum,,,,sorry guys......you're a great bunch.:D

Unfortunately; many Triumph owners come to sites like this only for the information, to ask a specific question, or to share a single problem. I'm accustomed to it.

Yeh, but it still sucks....

Unfortunately; many Triumph owners come to sites like this only for the information, to ask a specific question, or to share a single problem. I'm accustomed to it.

I guess I could say I'm used to it also, but for a different reason. A couple of automotive tech assist systems (they are not forums), that I use actually will chase you down if you don't let them know if their advice/procedure worked out. Soooo, I guess I'm programmed to get back with the results. Just wish more people would do the same. The forum is as much of a social network as it is a technical data base, and I sometimes forget that. I know many of you have bantered back and forth for years and have built friendships from it.....it's all good and I enjoy the postings,,,even the non-technical ones. I about busted a gut over the continuing battle over the car tire vs the MC rear.......great stuff:D

I guess I could say I'm used to it also, but for a different reason. A couple of automotive tech assist systems (they are not forums), that I use actually will chase you down if you don't let them know if their advice/procedure worked out. Soooo, I guess I'm programmed to get back with the results. Just wish more people would do the same. The forum is as much of a social network as it is a technical data base, and I sometimes forget that. I know many of you have bantered back and forth for years and have built friendships from it.....it's all good and I enjoy the postings,,,even the non-technical ones. I about busted a gut over the continuing battle over the car tire vs the MC rear.......great stuff:D

Car tire is better............................just sayin' :D:D:D:flame::kk:

mutt

I cringed when I saw the title of this thread. (Shawn I know you did too:D)

While we all have Rocket's in common, I think the bike attracts Type A personalities. And when you get a couple of sites full of Type A's, there are going to be some fireworks but there are going to also be some good things happen. And both sites are examples of that. Each has it pluses and minuses. This site has to be run more like a business, so some of the extreme content and folks have to be moderated. And that turns some away. On the other hand some of that type of stuff can be a turn off to some and they find this site more their speed.

Either way there are good folks on each site and I hope they both continue to carry on the info about these great bikes!

Type A? Moi?:eek:

I just want some questions answered. Simple stuff, really, that hasn't been previously addressed.

1. What's the best oil to use?

2. Should I go Dark Side?

3. I hear Triumph has had a few ignition issues. Tell me ALL about it.

4. Does Lupe like men?

Well? I'm waiting...:rolleyes:

Type A? Moi?:eek:

I just want some questions answered. Simple stuff, really, that hasn't been previously addressed.

1. What's the best oil to use?

2. Should I go Dark Side?

3. I hear Triumph has had a few ignition issues. Tell me ALL about it.

4. Does Lupe like men?

Well? I'm waiting...:rolleyes:

1. that has not been truly established yet.

2. If your a very aggressive rider NO. If you mostly cruse and like some twisties maybe. If you dont mind trying something different and have the patients to adjust the air pressure until your happy, YES.

3. its simple enough. Eastern Beaver kit. ;)

4. with a wife like he has, no. He does behave somewhat metro sometimes. :rolleyes:

I cringed when I saw the title of this thread. (Shawn I know you did too:D)

While we all have Rocket's in common, I think the bike attracts Type A personalities. And when you get a couple of sites full of Type A's, there are going to be some fireworks but there are going to also be some good things happen. And both sites are examples of that. Each has it pluses and minuses. This site has to be run more like a business, so some of the extreme content and folks have to be moderated. And that turns some away. On the other hand some of that type of stuff can be a turn off to some and they find this site more their speed.

Either way there are good folks on each site and I hope they both continue to carry on the info about these great bikes!

LOL!! You running for office somewhere ?

There have been a few occasions when my blood pressure got elevated and I couldn't help myself but so far have been treated well on both sites.

You hold it in well. Go ahead and vent. All of my therapist told me to never hold things in. :D

Back