6th gear, wuhoo! ..... 1st gear? ah bollix

R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2472cc Supercharged Carpenter Rocket III Stroker
yeah so i'm toddling along in 5th yesterday and i notice that the roadster LCD says i'm in 6th gear.
i downshift into 4th and it shows 5th. after a few mins it just changes by itself to 1st, and the engine management light comes on.

so i pull over. i shift down and up and all gears are showing 1st on the screen, but neutral shows N and the green LED in the shape on an N lights up ok.
so i switch off, switch on again and its all back to normal. except the EM light, so i hook up tuneboy and get error code, which i clear.

now i got the roadster in Dec 11 with 3866 miles on, several weeks later the GPS calves on me (couldn't get it to show neutral etc), so i replaced it myself as it was cheaper than 2 trips to dealer (still under warranty).
all was well for 5 months until this.

anyone else had this dodgy-ness?

1.jpg

If it were me I'd think about getting it to a dealer. If it's getting confused it will also be upsetting the fuelling. My guess is that one of the connectors is not mating correctly and so there's a change in the overall resistance value.

I've noticed the GiPro occasionally mixes 1st and 2nd up. But I put this down to the GiPro being wired up a little differently to that suggested by healtech. It's attached to a switched supply. When it was wired to a no switched supply it never failed.

i'm hoping it was an isolated incident. but i've got that foreboding feeling it won't be. my warranty is up on saturday, i'm starting carpenter kit install on friday. it'll have to wait!

don't know what that means either. Must me british or ozzy slang for dammit! or something like that?
O.

Back