6 Speed RIII Roadster Transmission

Vlan2k

Standard Bore
Ride
2020 Rocket 3GT
After searching the forum, I didn't see a lot of information on converting to 6 gears from 5. Wondering who has... how was it done... what are the results?

After searching the forum, I didn't see a lot of information on converting to 6 gears from 5. Wondering who has... how was it done... what are the results?
My Classic runs 4000 rpm @ 100mph. Has plenty of get go from there. I have done a few burst above that but no prolonged cruising at that speed. It might be cheaper to purchase a well faired sport touring bike to cruise faster than that or a track bike if you are racing. 100 is plenty faaaast for me. :p The only thing Iv been in where >100 cruising felt stable and safe is a BMW X7 and my old Jag XJ-6.

Last edited:
Im glad you asked that question :)
The development as far as prototype/proof of concept 6 speed transmission upgrade was fairly well documented here (bear in mind there were 2 objectives in the project, one was the 6th gear and the other was the 2.5L Stroker (which is commercially available now)

To summarise, the 6th gear upgrade is possible and will turn just below 2200rpm at 80mph with the 6th ratio I'd used.
However that side of the project came to a standstill as manufacturing the parts is too expensive due to minimum order values.

Back