280 tyre on TFC

Wow I really like the 280 tire put on I would of loved to put a 280 tire on the back of my bike with all the work I did but it just seemed to be to much work ,
And at the time I couldn't find a kit I did fine some one doing it phoned emailed but no one got back to me. That really would have completed my bike in my opinion:) looks great.

Wow I really like the 280 tire put on I would of loved to put a 280 tire on the back of my bike with all the work I did but it just seemed to be to much work ,
And at the time I couldn't find a kit I did fine some one doing it phoned emailed but no one got back to me. That really would have completed my bike in my opinion:) looks great.
Hi
Are we talking new rocket or previous model?

Previous Rocket I have the 05
I see that a guy put a280 on the new Rocket as well asso looks cool.
I wonder if it's possible to put new drive shaft on older Rocket if that would be a easyer switch over to a 280 tire?

Previous Rocket I have the 05
I see that a guy put a280 on the new Rocket as well asso looks cool.
I wonder if it's possible to put new drive shaft on older Rocket if that would be a easyer switch over to a 280 tire?
Hi
Its possible to put 280
Swing arm need to be extended around 7mm
Ofcouse rim need to be modified
16 inch rim onky addopt up to 240mm tyre so wider tire means wider rim including 17 inch rim
I got mate we put custom wheel 300 wide
That include 18 inch rim extend swing arm 170mm
You can see from my pictures i put 360mm tire
Which includes custom wheel offsetting tailshaft
With additional bearing in the midle length of the swingarm is 100mm longer to look proportional
Because i offset frong triple tree additional 6 degrees and put 200 wide front tyre very expensive exercise
Also forgot to mention rear shocks moved to underneath the seat
But 280 mm its not to bad not to much work
Ned

Too late for me know I decided to wrap fender all around
The tire .
Would make sense to do a 280 tire now or 300 if I would have done this sooner I would have designed the back fender shorter to show off tire. Ok but looks very nice

Yeah I remember way back I wanted to put 280 to 300 tire on and people where saying that all ready the drive shaft if off and to make it wider your need to put an exstention on to bring it out and with all that power will be a week leak so I never did it. And seeing no one else was doing it I lost interest.
Now see a new Rocket with more power perhaps they figured it out.
I tell you I would have put that extra money in my Rocket with all that work I did, I think for all what I did would Have even looked nicer with a 280 to 300 tire on with a wider back fender .
all my work is done so too costly to change now.
I could only thing of only two older Rockets with 300 tire and they where done as show bikes.

TFC upgraded with new rim and 280x18x35 tyre
This looks amazing!!

I played around with multiple sizes on my Vrod , 240, 250, and 280. All handled fine, in fact Avon's 250 handled better than both the others and was actually just as wide as the 280.

Back