20k service and warranty repairs

yea i change my own oil and brake pads and gonna learn how to change my own tires just cant afford to pay someone else to do the simple stuff

Shop around for tire replacement, I have mine done at the Honda/Yamaha store down the street. Any decent shop will do tires and the higher volume stores seem to offer the best prices. The Honda store even offered me to attend one of their open shop nights where customers get to work on their bikes with the techs, I think they just want to play with my bike. I dropped it off last time for the rear tire and when I got it back it had an extra 40 miles on it, I have the feeling a few of them took turns on it since the new V-max was due out any minute and everyone was comparing the two at the time.
I asked if they were willing to put my Eagle F1 on when I was ready and they had no problem with it. I expected to take some **** for wanting a car tire, but they didn't bat an eye.
They typically have service specials for all brands so I may let them do an oil service for me just to see how they do. I can always check their work and make corrections. I'm just sick of making that 60 mile haul to Dover only to have my dealer him-and-haw about how **** is normal. They can't hear the trans clatter in 1-3 while decelerating, they don't feel the front brakes pulsating or the front tire out of balance ... so why make the trip? The only warranty work they took care of was the ignition switch, and you can't miss the bike dying every 5 min.
There is another Triumph dealer up in Pensylvania, I may call them about the trans noise.
I hear Ducati dealers are fickle around here too, must be the cool-aid. :p

I'm sure there's more than one dealer in Pennsylvannia, mine is just outside of Johnstown, Windber Triumph/Can Am. Tim is great. My 10,000 in a month or so will be about $150 for oil and labor. Maybe another $75 or so if valves need adjusting.
Nice people.

Back