albertaduke

former airline pilot without the big bucks
Ride
2021 rocket3 GT
following a fall at speed on asphalt in a entry to a mall my GT WAS DEEMED A WRITE OFF anybody interested in the whole bike let me know damages are gas tank no left gear shifter left triumph panniers one headlight mount small crack on rad shroud bike had 12 000 miles
lower engine block was pierced by the left footpeg when it sheared off that is basically the only real damage . in the cost estimate for repairs 80% was labor and the dealership would not touch it till December 2023 .
I am retiring from riding age is 77 and one has to know when it is time to hang the gloves
I will sell the entire bike with factory manuals ,gps , dealertool software with cable tune ecu sofware with a tablet and special cable one new AVON rear tire unmounted and a front wheel chock modified for that front tire the whole package $ 9000 or the highest offer I also have a baggage carrier from lamonster garage ,mounted as well as a triumph baggage carrier ( lamonster garage carrier is twice the width of the triumph carrier) left pannier is damage but operable right pannier unblemished.

NOTE the engine lower block on left side was pierced by the left footpeg when the peg was sheered off . the block has to be opened to see if the chunck of metal is inside or not apart from some minor other plastic cracks the bike frame is straight all the damages were caused by the leftfoot peg shearing from its position when the bike went down.
the odometer shows 18 000kms thats 12.500 miles . silver and red purchased june 21 2021
IMG_20230512_081721.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230512_082024.jpg
    IMG_20230512_082024.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 25
That's a big bummer and doesn't sound like the best dealership. I went down a year ago in a rain storm at ~30mph. Damage was similar except peg didn't break and damage the block. The bill to my insurance was around $5k and my dealership had it back to me in less than 2 months. I have a tank sitting in my garage that looks nearly exactly like yours and I was going to try and sell that... triumph wants ~$2k for a tank so I'd figure there's some good value there figuring a good shop could make it look like new for less than $500.

That's a big bummer and doesn't sound like the best dealership. I went down a year ago in a rain storm at ~30mph. Damage was similar except peg didn't break and damage the block. The bill to my insurance was around $5k and my dealership had it back to me in less than 2 months. I have a tank sitting in my garage that looks nearly exactly like yours and I was going to try and sell that... triumph wants ~$2k for a tank so I'd figure there's some good value there figuring a good shop could make it look like new for less than $50
yes I agree ,actually for the loss of capacity similar to a small beer glass, one can bondo the defect since it never leaked while on the side and paint it sure all part can be replaced but I think there are other to way to repair.......the bloc motor must be removed to check if the broken piece of side wall is in and weld a piece of metal 2 inches x 1 inch.. buy a new footpeg with gear changing pedal tht is all what is required

Back